View Poll Results: Would you like your island production to be stopped during regular maintenance?

Voters
838. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want all of the activities on my home island to be stopped during regular maintenances

94 11.22%
  • No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances

744 88.78%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey: Stopping The Home Island Production

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

Survey: Stopping The Home Island Production

Dear Settlers,

We are currently evaluating the implementation of a new function to the game: Stopping the home island (e.g. resource extraction from deposits) – completely – during regular maintenances.

Since this change would affect everyone's economy during regular maintenances, we would like to ask you to take part in this forum survey and let us know your preferences:
    • Yes, I want all of the activities on my home island to be stopped during regular maintenances (i.e. do not produce/extract any goods during regular maintenances)
    • No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances (i.e. keep producing/extracting goods during regular maintenances)

In both cases, adventure and premium account time will not be consumed during maintenance.
    A worldwide majority of 70% in favour of the new function is required for the change to be effective.

Happy voting,
    BB_Saqui

Last edited by BB_Saqui; 29.11.17 at 15:03.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    No

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Definitely not!

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Most dumb idea ever!

Stopping production? What would that solve?

I see what negative it would bring, either it stops buffs too, throwing buffscheme's into the waste basket, or it goes on while not producing wich is wasting bufftime, neither would make me happy.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1983 View Post
    No
    Please do not post low-effort replies - a simple vote for "No" would've sufficed. Let's try and generate some proper discussion.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    totally no.

Freezing island would mean I get less resources, freezing buffs would mean my buff cycle would be disturbed, possibly leaving me unable to refresh buffs until many hours after they expire.

Bad idea.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    No

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    c) Leave it alone or you'll just break more things.

On a more realistic point, I guess you are trying to stop throwing everyone's buffing out of sync with short-notice fixes and emergency maintenance, etc.

Please just leave it alone. You'll make new problems to replace the old ones and STILL throw everyone out of sync.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    No, because buffs are not suspended during maintenance.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Seems like an overkill approach, I can understand people make a bit of a loss when stuff is left running without buffs, but the only major letdown is when a mine runs out and gets destroyed.

The focus probably just needs to be on allowing expensive mines to survive during maintenances.

Closed Thread