View Poll Results: Would you like your island production to be stopped during regular maintenance?

Voters
838. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want all of the activities on my home island to be stopped during regular maintenances

94 11.22%
  • No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances

744 88.78%
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey: Stopping The Home Island Production

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    no

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    just completely freeze everything during maintenance. we have no access anyway. then unfreeze with all buffs etc continuing from where they left off. I believe everything is controlled from your end so the problems should be small.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Please don't, it will throw of my timings, i try to live a very regular life

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances (i.e. keep producing/extracting goods during regular maintenances)

Subnote - what would be useful is a local (to only my island) freeze button. This way I can CHOOSE to stop everything on my island if there is maintenance coming up. 95% of the time i would not.

But a wholesale stop? No thanks!

I also like the "C) dont mess with it or something else will break" that a member posted on page 1

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    no

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    For the depleting mines problem, an alternative option could be to have the game automatically put mines to sleep just before the last production run that would deplete it, if that last run falls inside a maintenance window. When people then log in after the maintenance, they still have the choice to refill the mine or just wake it up so it would almost instantly deplete so geologists can a new deposit again.
    But halting the entire economy is too drastic; it has too much disadvantage (as pointed out by others).

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Is it 1st April today or what ;-) ? Just no. Period.
    Milan

20th July 2021: TSO died with Unity. RIP.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    no problem

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    If any stop to production should be added only some kind of vacation mode - I know production stops after 24h if nobody visits the island but if there are some Pepping Tom's this way you would have more control over this during the period you are not able or you don't want to connect (everyone needs a break from time to time).
    And if anybody chooses to use this for maintenance be my guest

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    No

Closed Thread