View Poll Results: Would you like your island production to be stopped during regular maintenance?

Voters
838. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want all of the activities on my home island to be stopped during regular maintenances

94 11.22%
  • No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances

744 88.78%
Closed Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey: Stopping The Home Island Production

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    no

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    no

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    No
    its a waste of time to stop production.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjo-Hunter View Post
    I think it would be useful if you could turn everything off by choice rather than just during maintenance time. Then if you are going on holiday or are too busy to be able to keep up with maintaining mines ect on your island you can turn off or pause your island until you are ready.
    the island goes to sleep if unattended too long anyway- if not mistaken 48 hours

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I cant see any advantages to having things paused so I have to vote no

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    No.....but yes

For regular maintenance that is announced then we have time to prepare...so no.

However if that maintenance over runs then yes. i.e we buff our building and the buff runs out 30 mins after maintenance, but the game update lasts another 6 hours...OH no, my titanium mine is now running unbuffed, my imp gold mine will run out and be destroyed..please stop my production BB !!!!!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I didn't see the poll. It wasn't made clear anywhere in the description there was a yes no poll above the question, it just says 'take part in this forum survey and let us know your preferences:'. I have now voted. Perhaps the description needs looking at and making clearer.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    No.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I think the time could be better spent finding a way to make maintanance/udates/hotfixes happen without these rediculousely long downtimes. Other games can do it so why not TSO. I'm not asking you to go right from 4 hours (and in some cases up to 12h) to just a restart of the game, in one go. But please reduce it to a short downtime, then thins whole notion becomes a non-issue.

I have said it before, but I'll say it again, there are game companies out there that can update browserbased massive multiplayer online games while they are running, and the only thing the player notice is if (yes if) they are asked to refresh their game window. And of cause they see the "what's new" window next time they log in.

World
    Newfoundland
    For me, who has millions of resources sitting in Star Menu, a few hours of stopped production don't matter. The bigger matter for me is that I run the production of some rare resources with buffs only, and I don't want the rare resources go wasted without buffs; or my special mines are destroyed and I have no way to restore them but buying new ones.

I think you should have an option so that people can opt-in or opt-out as they wish.

Closed Thread