View Poll Results: Would you like your island production to be stopped during regular maintenance?

Voters
838. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want all of the activities on my home island to be stopped during regular maintenances

94 11.22%
  • No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances

744 88.78%
Closed Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Survey: Stopping The Home Island Production

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Production isn't the problem at all. Adventurers and restarting production in things like the Bookbinder and buffs is the real problem. In that way, I get thrown out by 24 hours every time because I need to maintain those at 7 am.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Make the resources undepletable! so we can continue the production.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    well BB if you are really going to listen to your community

a popular idea here seems to be the idea of having a buff that will stop all production buildings at once

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Well my bad. I do read everything, but must have forgotten. If it was in forum then no, I did not read it. I get lost in here. And a lot happens in a week.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    no , fine as it is

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I see the business point of view but fail to see the users profit on it. Meaning, you dont need to keep anything running while doing maintenance so you could save things like equipement, electricity, server time, whatever... but i dont see whats in for the user.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    No.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Definitely not, I can see this creating more problems than what it is trying to solve. For instance, it's hard enough to complete certain guild quests when you're a "night owl" without production stopping as well.
    This will throw our personal timetables into chaos, if I place a 24hr or greater buff on a workyard at say 2am, do you really expect me to wait up until 4 or 5am the next night before it clears? And of course, playing more than 1 server just means this will snowball as you try to catch up with all of them.
    Instead of using a "sledgehammer to crack a nut", why not do the simple task that's been requested over and over again? Post up the maintenance times on home page at least 24 hrs before they are due, preferably a little more to create a "safety margin". If these are "regular" maintenances as claimed then you must know well in advance but still those of us in certain time zones get crippled by "surprise" announcements that we only see an hour or 2 before the maintenance is due. Certain language versions sometimes do this but overall the notice is poor across the board.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    While I can see a few advantages of pausing production during down time, I think that like most people, I perceive there are more disadvantages. This is reflected in the current poll statistics with around 8:1 against making the change.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I vote NO, as long as we gets a heads-up one day or prior to that the maintenance takes place as it is today, then everyone can make sure to turn off any building they are afraid about during the maintenance.

Closed Thread