View Poll Results: Would you like your island production to be stopped during regular maintenance?

Voters
838. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want all of the activities on my home island to be stopped during regular maintenances

94 11.22%
  • No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances

744 88.78%
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey: Stopping The Home Island Production

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    No

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I figured out why it would be good - less flood of excess res to game and dont have to fuss around with staring stuff so much.. Would not make a lot of difference but every little bit helps

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    No, please don't do it

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think a more useful change would be to add a last login date in the members section of the guild window. this would help officers to decide who is no longer playing and can be removed if space is needed.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    nope

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances (i.e. keep producing/extracting goods during regular maintenances)

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    no.
    The time to produce things is allready making this game a bit boring. Stopping producing during maintenance might push me to quit playing foor good.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    no, less resources is not an good idea, buff do not stop so big NO (you can plan around the maintenances)

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjo-Hunter View Post
    I think it would be useful if you could turn everything off by choice rather than just during maintenance time. Then if you are going on holiday or are too busy to be able to keep up with maintaining mines ect on your island you can turn off or pause your island until you are ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    the island goes to sleep if unattended too long anyway- if not mistaken 48 hours
    Should be 24 hours and a few minutes. A visit from a friend after it times out will wake it again, or visits every less-than-24-hours will keep it running straight through. That's useful to know if you want to do a long building upgrade whilst on vacation, but the 'pause due to inactivity' isn't the same as a Full Stop controlled at will.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    When is regular maintenance? I've seen game updates and I've seen hotfixes, but nothing called a maintenance has happened that I have noticed.

I have voted "no" because I wouldn't want queues in the barracks, provision house or bookbinder to be paused, or for the population to stop regenerating in the Mayor's house. If these buildings were treated differently (perhaps they already are as they don't feature in the economy overview) then I would consider the stop function, but as it stands if the whole island is halted, then my vote remains a "no".

A big "yes" to the consultation though!

Closed Thread