Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Generals placement

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Generals placement

It drives me crazy having to mess around at the start of every adventure moving generals because either there is no room left to land others or because they have landed in the wrong place.

Wouldn't it be a lot simpler, quicker and easier if when the generals finish transferring to the adventure they stay in the star menu so players can land them wherever they want in any space they want at the starting point.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

General island?

Could we please have a new island set solely for generals to be placed on. Many of us now have a high number of generals and they are taking up a large portion of the home island and limiting build space. I suggest a new island is made just east of sector 9 that can not be built on, only generals can be placed their, This would free up a large amount of building spots for us that we are now in need of with the new buildings that have been added to the game in the last year or two.

Perhaps even have it so you can "set" a return too spot for the generals to the island to save us with OCD the random landing of them andthe wasted time of having to move them one at a time from land zones to their "resting spots", as most of us now have 20 to 40 generals it takes quite a lot of time to move them all after they return from adventure.

Yes their is a option to "re trench" the generals to the star so we can free up the island space that way, But then we have the hassle of moving them from star to the island to load them up to send to the next adventure.

The random landing of the generals to the home island after a adventure has been some thing that has bugged me since the very first adventure i done all those years ago. The new island would solve so many niggles and make adventuring not a chore any more.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Been asked loads of times wobbly, answer has always been the same

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    can we have the option to retrench with units loaded pls?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I find it quite sad that if it has been asked for many times that nothing has been done to solve it. I know of people that have built decorations, paths ect ect in the land zone of the generals on the home island in a effort to prevent them returning to certain points, basically trying to "cattle" them into landing in one part of the home map to make it easier to put them into "rest spots" for the night, Surely people should not be reduced to that. I myself am doing so few adventures because of the time it takes to put generals away or just doing lazy adventures that use very few gens.

If BB can find the time and effort to build a massive mountain for no apparent reason or purpose surely a solution to generals returning home would be a easy fix?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblybobby View Post
    I find it quite sad that if it has been asked for many times that nothing has been done to solve it.
    That's because there is nothing wrong with the game. It just makes you choose between adding more buildings or gens.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Planning out your island is part of the game and half the fun. A well run and planned out island can support many generals. It would be like asking them to give us another island because you need more watermills.

If its because having generals all over the place when they land home, just use your star menu and the short cut numeric keys to either star them or move them.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 12.12.17 at 22:31.

World
    Newfoundland
    I just keep QM and cos gens on island, rest get sent to tavern (star)

World
    Sandycove
    + 1 here, no room where to park new Generals.

Independent land would help a lot, plenty room there, even so my Gen land there if they come back from adventure, but I can not place them there by myself-pity :/

I have over 30 of them, so they have using 30 building licences, which is a lot, consider that nobody of us plan such cost when built the Island economy.

Thank you.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Been asked loads of times wobbly, answer has always been the same
    Oldest one I can find was just over three years ago now:
    Generals and Marshalls: Their own little space
    building to house generals
    more space for gens please
    Army Base

Personally, I'm a big fan of the idea that involves our Generals 'hanging around' in the Tavern until we decide to send them off to get killed....

Reply to Thread