Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary - Guild Market Vote!

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post

I wonder if I should report this to support? Here's what I see (and I've already voted I think 3 times now btw)

http://prntscr.com/jitpu3
    Could you do that and attach this screenshot to the ticket - thank you!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Could you do that and attach this screenshot to the ticket - thank you!
    Done
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Follow-up for others that might encounter the same problem... Tech Support suggested I do all the normal reset stuff and I mumbled to myself some negative comments about giving me the same old standard blah blah.... but I went ahead and flushed the Chrome cache, Flash cache, and also the local DNS table. And it worked. I felt appropriately humbled...

So while sometimes it seems to be a standard answer it sometimes helps (first time it helped me) but doing a good reset before opening a ticket is something I'll do in the future.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Follow-up for others that might encounter the same problem... Tech Support suggested I do all the normal reset stuff and I mumbled to myself some negative comments about giving me the same old standard blah blah.... but I went ahead and flushed the Chrome cache, Flash cache, and also the local DNS table. And it worked. I felt appropriately humbled...

So while sometimes it seems to be a standard answer it sometimes helps (first time it helped me) but doing a good reset before opening a ticket is something I'll do in the future.
    Thank you for the follow-up! I know when we ask people to do the usual steps it can be seen as pointless, but in all reality, it's just the first steps at troubleshooting we take. Once we can effectively rule out some of the more common causes e.g. browser cache, cookies etc, we can move onto more advanced troubleshooting. Also if you do conduct the usual solutions and it doesn't work like it did with previous cases, this can give us important data on how to prevent some of these issues in the first place!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    The vote system - I like...

the consistency that shop will change every 3 months - I LOVE!

BUT....

The choices we get every single time however are pathetic.

Why would anyone in their right mind choose to spend ggc on adventures easily available in the adventure merchant for just a few map frags? Or buffs you cant give away (Cheese Sandwich?) etc.

Please give us some real choices for primary and secondary votes.

Whilst the primary options are better this time .. its still a *boggle* moment when in the middle of an event which can result in friary that you tease the next guild shop could also have ... friary.

So in the interests of providing constructive criticism ... here is an example of a better vote selection.. that i believe would be far more appealing whatever level you are, whatever size guild you are in, whether guild is GQ focused or not.

Primary - BHG (as new players might be waiting a long time before the next event to get a fast gen) OR Spring Park (most any of have is 1 at the moment), OR Permanent building Queue +1

Secondary - ALWAYS ONE out of Grain Conflict/Twins/Bounty Hunter
    ALWAYS ONE of the gem bought adventures OR a follow up adventure - these could be limited to how many you can buy like the primary item is without too much coding change surely (to avoid people stockpiling them for future seasonal adventures)?
    ALWAYS Hide glue/Wildwood resin OR Medipack OR Rainbow Snow or long lasting epic building buff
    ADD Resource - (Mercenary) Bowman/Cavalry/Soldier.... every troop unit including elite barracks troops - except Recruits
    ONE of the guides including easter egg roll and bucket of sweets

Just some suggestions all of which 10000000000 times better for all levels than anything that has been on offer recently.
    Last edited by luckydiddy; 03.07.18 at 11:31.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    + 2k to the above. Plus I have the following questions.

Bounty Hunter....did you SERIOUSLY put it there, isnt it limited? So...if someone is daft enough to buy it, will they be able to play it?
    Can it be traded?
    How many will we be able to get?
    Edit: I checked the TO and it is not possible to trade for a BH, so will this be the only adv we can purchase that is un tradable? Looks like it.

The other stuff apart from the friary is ridiculous too, as said above, who will pay out ggc to get stuff we can get WAAAAAY cheaper for frags.

Offering such awful choices is not exactly providing anyone with the incentive to join a guild! Or to complete the GQ.

Come on BB, this is awful!
    Last edited by maryam1; 03.07.18 at 10:34.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by maryam1 View Post
    Bounty Hunter....did you SERIOUSLY put it there, isnt it limited? So...if someone is daft enough to buy it, will they be able to play it?
    Can it be traded?
    How many will we be able to get?
    Edit: I checked the TO and it is not possible to trade for a BH, so will this be the only adv we can purchase that is un tradable? Looks like it.

Personally I think bounty hunter is a good addition it will always be handy for guild quest and possible other quests of do adventure loose less than x troops as can be done 0 losses
    If its not able to traded surly we can send players the guild coins if they need to buy one.
    It should be doable or it wouldn't be in the vote

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    LOl Fahari, I wish I had your confidence...should be doable but unless BB have altered the script - it wont be!

and dont get me wrong, I am not averse to BH, my concerns are other....

At the moment people at L 26 can get up to 3 copies, for one fish each. so now a fish is worth 100 ggc. The more I think about it the more it seems really not thought out at all.
    Last edited by maryam1; 03.07.18 at 12:28.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydiddy View Post
    Whilst the primary options are better this time .. its still a *boggle* moment when in the middle of an event which can result in friary that you tease the next guild shop could also have ... friary.
    Seen from another Point of View...
    I am not sure how Trade Office is on Northisle but Friary is way out of price range for a new player on Sandycove (prices currently seen is 90k+ coin).
    Now new players can be rest assured they will able to get a Friary 3 months later*, so they can choose to focus on other things in the event merchant(Explorer, Footie Pitch, Licences, etc).

* Anyone not voting the Friary is either a huge troll or don't know what they are doing. For the latter, any decent Guild should help guide them to best choice.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

World
    Sandycove
    The choices for the new vote were at least marginally better than the last, and while personally I don't need most of them I voted on what I think most usable overall for other players (versus just complaining that I don't need any so they were stupid). And yes Areop I chose the Friary

What really stuns me is that the results show 5.97% of the votes were for a cheese sandwich. I can only hope some people decided to make a joke....
    (which wouldn't have been that funny if it had made it in the list of winners, and it wasn't that far off)

Reply to Thread