Reply to Thread

Thread: Improvements to help in moving buildings

World
    Sandycove

Improvements to help in moving buildings

Moving buildings is normally an important/necessary part of the game, and I have thought of some ways it would be easier for me to manage.
    • Overlay a grid of 1x1 squares at the proper angle
    • Allow a 'switch buildings' function
    • Show what space exists (could be part of the previous grid display) underneath mountains, rocks and rubble

Overlaying a grid would really help in planning, and if lightly filled in places that cannot be built on would help even more - as if the map was empty (e.g. don't take into account any existing structures. What would be available if I moved or tore everything down).

'Switch buildings' would change the positions of two buildings. I'd expect to pay the cost of moving both - what I don't think is fair is to have to pay 3 times to do this - move a to point x, move b to a, move point x to b. Doesn't seem reasonable given the cost.

Seeing what actually exists as building spaces underneath the removable rubble, rocks and mountains would make the cost of doing so a little more fair. I've seen some maps but I find them hard to interpret and with no grid showing the actual squares involved they don't help much.

The above would help me a lot planning a big redesign or placing new buildings after an event. Cheers
    Last edited by Xibor; 29.11.17 at 21:07.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Whilst I like the idea, and it would certainly make it easier as you say, the cost in relatively low value resources to actually move the buildings once your at the level of having the luxury to do so, is not that great. I only do a few moves when a new building comes on the market, and by definition they tend to replace an old one that I no longer need, so it gets demolished. At this stage I take stock and `plan' moves using the freed up space to `move once' in a sequence to minimise that extra one move cost. To be honest it gives me something to do as the cost of even level six buildings I've easily got covered. ( The worry is, is the current building on a no longer available spot !!! As I originally planned out my building placement on the test server and applied it to live.....years ago Lol )
    Personally I would like to see a lower cost for moving buildings set for lower levels and then rising once you get past lvl 36, as by then you tend to know the game and know how you want to play it, so have a much better idea of building placement to suit your game play.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    The "grid" would make planning easier for new players and island redesign likelier for higher level players who want to squeeze their space/economy to the max. So BB would gain by having more resources or gens used on moves by players who currently don't bother moving things around. So thumbs up from me for the idea.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    +1
    I like the idea of a grid, always moving stuff around. switch building X for building Y is also a pretty cool idea.

Reply to Thread