Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasonable use of Mary Christmas.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer123 View Post
    Last sector instead of blocking with TavG you attack with Mary for 14.6k XP, !
    which camp is that ?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaduk View Post
    which camp is that ?
    Evil J C13, Corona 88 camp 20

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    Princess:
    evil-j 2.0 version skilled map
    this is mostly a summary, it got late at the end and I was on a hurry for prem, 1.2 million XP
    Several attacks will depend on how many suicides you can do.

C3: 5670 XP
    skilled Mary 35MSw 180 MM, loss ~35 Msw
    unskilledMary 55Msw 145MM, loss 53 Msw
    I'm confused.com because C3 can be taken out with 270MM for no loss. All the EvilJ guides numbering is the same https://prnt.sc/i63te0. Wondered if it was a numbering mix up?

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    I'm confused.com because C3 can be taken out with 270MM for no loss. All the EvilJ guides numbering is the same https://prnt.sc/i63te0. Wondered if it was a numbering mix up?
    No it's correct.
    Almost every camp can be taken out more cheaply or for no loss by not using Mary. I've listed the cases where I thoguht it might make sense and had a go at those. 35MSw loss for 5670 XP extra + posisble prem is "reasonable" to me. There are several more camps like that on the map. next one is C6.

Some slackers have only tested very low additional losses or no losses. I went for everything one could reasonably do. Someone even crazier can do a guide where they clear absolutely every camp with Mary but it won't be me.
    Last edited by SnowBlizz; 27.01.18 at 00:08.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    No it's correct.
    Almost every camp can be taken out more cheaply or for no loss by not using Mary. I've listed the cases where I thoguht it might make sense and had a go at those.
    Ah! Suddenly it becomes crystal clear! Thank you :-D

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Evil J C13, Corona 88 camp 20
    Thanks hadn't spotted that.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't use evilj guides or maps, could you please say which camps these are, as in which troops they hold? thanks

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamissou View Post
    I don't use evilj guides or maps, could you please say which camps these are, as in which troops they hold? thanks
    or look here:
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...venture-Guides

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    TY for posting your guide, in your first attack with Mary you lose 58MS (Ouch!). Try it with 20MS 195MM losses around 18MS. Last sector instead of blocking with TavG you attack with Mary for 14.6k XP, I could only get 10k+. With those adjustments I'm 204.4k XP (before prem) for 250MS & 220R. Thank you!
    Updated mine .. you are looking at the wrong camp ... the 50/50 camp at start yes 20 MS and 160MM works well ... the camp with 160 Mounted Bowman is killable with 215 MS and approx 58MS losses .... as shown in the guide both the old version and updated version this isn't worth it unless you also have fast learner 3 and prem.... and even then it may still depend on how many YWC's your explorers find per day/week, current queue in elite barracks, whether you are after loot or xp etc for whether this is worth it to you.

World
    Sandycove
    No specifics from me - just a general comment that I have found lots and lots of use for Mary and am collecting much more experience on many adventures because of it. I trained her with 3 books in charge and improved accuracy (and of course max experience bonus) and it's amazing how many adventures I've found where she can hit with small or no losses, or perhaps with a lead in first wave by another general to weaken the camp. The more I look the more I find. Great general if you spend the time hunting the special opportunities.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread