Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of xmas collectables ... again!

World
    Sandycove
    Each spawn is 8 hours after you acknowledge the collectibles quest (e.g. you don't even have to get them all or any of them - the timer starts as soon as you click on the quest 'collectibles').

I got mine at 06:30. Therefore my next will appear at 14:30. The last at 22:30. It works down to the second and it doesn't matter if you stay logged in or not. Since I'm a creature of habit and have almost exactly the same life schedule each day, I can tell you that those times are the same for me every day. You can set a clock by it.

In order to "reset" the timer skip a phase. For example be logged out before they appear and don't log in until you want to acknowledge the quest and start the 8 hour timer. Note that having the quest pinned will count as activation, so if you don't want it to automatically start counting when they show up make sure the quest isn't pinned when you ended the last one.

Diwata discovered all of this and I rely on it each day.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I've just spent the last 45 minutes looking for collectables, found plenty of candy canes but not a single bell or gingerbread, collectables have always been a pain as half the time they land in a building, having to use a buff to move them is not a solution, it's bad enough having to look once let alone 3 or 4 times, this is why I don't normally bother, I've been looking since the start of the event and only have 14 bells and 16 gingerbread, think it's time to give up as the reward is just not worth it

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It is not how many collies that is the problem. I dont remember BB ever confirming what we all experience. That the droprate seems to be 1:3:3 on Bells / canes /gb.
    I know it is random- but there is still way too few bells compared, and lots of canes. If it is how it should be . I just want it confirmed that this is a feature not a bug.
    Then I can go on wonder why, but at least know that someone think that is the way it should be.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    When they introduced the collectibles as event items I think it was designed to be randomised to the player across the server. so each player had two items drop more than the third, which then encourages trade interaction. However, given BB's history , * cough new general stealing licence, and watching the trade and topics related to them, I do wonder if this code is working as intended. Its that word that haunts us as players from the `nerfovember' period of which we and BB devs don't have the same definition....`balance'.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    When they introduced the collectibles as event items I think it was designed to be randomised to the player across the server. so each player had two items drop more than the third, which then encourages trade interaction. However, given BB's history , * cough new general stealing licence, and watching the trade and topics related to them, I do wonder if this code is working as intended. Its that word that haunts us as players from the `nerfovember' period of which we and BB devs don't have the same definition....`balance'.
    Hmm, so basically artifically stimulate the dead TO in that way? Doesn't sound like a good idea. And yeah, it's absolutely obvious that they've messed up, and everyone has tonns of candy canes, but bells and gingers are rare as heck. Just give 33%/33%/33% chance for each collectible, for every player equally, and stop trying to do stuff that you never will be able to do right, BB - simple and clear, and everyone is happy.
    Last edited by Mizogin; 14.12.17 at 18:58.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    in my experience over 5 accounts/servers ratio is always close to 2:5:2 bell:cane:bread.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Just completed the 1st set of prez & that's after buying several ginger & bells from trade, 2 ginger, 2 bell and a shedload of canes from 2day's spawn. That in my opinion is laughable.

Now last year BB did a fix after the 1st week to even out the drops of ginger, bell & cane. Hoping it comes again...

I don't understand why the event collies are so poor at Xmas, 25 of each makes a whopping 10 presents! It's the only event of the year where u cant play adv for event resource so surely BB should be flooding our isle like at Easter with 40 colls per spawn! Baffling.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    3rd consecutive year, 3rd time x-mas collie ratios are messed exaclty the same way. 2 years ago I thought the reason might be the graphics - gingerbread are harder to spot. However, last year I was way more effective in finding them, this year, thx to the shuffle buff, I have 100% so far. 50 Canes and 18 Gingers. Excatly like in 2015 and 2016. And its not random, when majority of players suffers exaclty same thing. In trade ppl are offering 5-6 canes for one ginger. 1 gingerbread is valued up to 2,5k GC.

Same old story...

World
    Sandycove
    Ever have one of those days where you find heaps of food carts - way more than you usually do? Or the better banner day where banners seem to be everywhere but other times none are to be found for several drops?

Maybe canes are running a bit heavy - maybe not - it would take many years of collecting them before a pattern could truly be found. Regardless, it seems logical to me that since most people buy their candy canes but have to bake their cookies that it would be easier to find canes. They do hang nicely on the tree after all
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Ever have one of those days where you find heaps of food carts - way more than you usually do? Or the better banner day where banners seem to be everywhere but other times none are to be found for several drops?

Maybe canes are running a bit heavy - maybe not - it would take many years of collecting them before a pattern could truly be found. Regardless, it seems logical to me that since most people buy their candy canes but have to bake their cookies that it would be easier to find canes. They do hang nicely on the tree after all
    We don't need years to find the pattern, lol. Have you looked at the TO in the past 2 days?

Reply to Thread