Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Lack of xmas collectables ... again!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    You have to make an effort not to get everything you wanted at christmas event- There are plenty of presents and gifts from BB to make all achievements easy and buying all buildings and generals no problem at all
    I don't know that I can completely agree but I know what you are saying. And there are multiple things now rolled into this thread. It is true that something was off with the distribution of the Christmas collectibles (way too many candy canes) but if you got at least 2 drops each day you would have gotten enough of each to complete the achievements.

As far as getting "everything" that depends on what level you are, how many explorers you have, what means you have to trade with, etc. So some players would have needed to prioritize what they wanted first.

However generally I would say yes. By being active and doing the given quests, opening doors and so forth (plus some nice extras offered for nothing from the game itself) I would find it hard to believe that anyone that put in any effort at all would not be able to get at least a couple top goodies. I found the event very generous in general.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    there has always been something off with the collectibles ) And every event somewhere during the event we get some collectibles from BB making that part partially irrelevant except the 100+ excess canes

But the achievements were not impacted by this - and yes the event was quite generous and because of the mechanics, not dominated by the high end hardcore adventuring crowd - Only big effect on the individual would have been amount of gems spent on getting the max explorers from shop ) All in all Xmas event is fairly relaxed as events goes- maybe even a bit too relaxed

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    You have to make an effort not to get everything you wanted at christmas event- There are plenty of presents and gifts from BB to make all achievements easy and buying all buildings and generals no problem at all
    ... If you're level 50+ at the start of the event and have a gazillion explorers!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Tbh i think the one thing ive noticed in Xmas events is this, collecting colls to make enough baskets to get the achievements is pointless on many levels.
    Firstly, even if you dont complete a single basket of presents in the mayors house, you get 100% complete anyway, if you have done everything else.
    This begs the question, why save up all of the colls to get such a low reward when its more profitable to simply trade them? especially when it has no bearing on your event completion percentage? Never seen the sense in it myself.
    John the Don A.K.A OHNO_IMAPENCIL

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheDon1980 View Post
    ...Firstly, even if you dont complete a single basket of presents in the mayors house, you get 100% complete anyway, if you have done everything else...
    If that is true, then it is very very wrong that it works that way.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheDon1980 View Post
    ...Firstly, even if you dont complete a single basket of presents in the mayors house, you get 100% complete anyway, if you have done everything else...
    If that is true, then it is very very wrong that it works that way.
    It's always worked that way, for every set of event achievements, not just the Christmas Baskets specifically. Even if you complete only a few, when the event is over you'll see "100%", this has been discussed before and the reasoning is that it keeps people from fretting over incomplete things they can never change.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    It's always worked that way, for every set of event achievements, not just the Christmas Baskets specifically. Even if you complete only a few, when the event is over you'll see "100%", this has been discussed before and the reasoning is that it keeps people from fretting over incomplete things they can never change.
    That's not the only reason, another is it allows them to use a simple piece of code to give the 100%. They could use more complex coding to give a level based percentage but it would come with a large time overhead on the down time at the end of the event.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Yeah, it's a superficial 100%
    If you didn't do all event achievements you will see the achievements you are missing when using the compare achievements button with someone who did complete all of them.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    Yeah, it's a superficial 100%
    If you didn't do all event achievements you will see the achievements you are missing when using the compare achievements button with someone who did complete all of them.
    That explains an Easter when because I was in a place with a horrible internet connection that I had to travel 1/2 hour to get to I couldn't finish everything but it still shows as 100%. I had wondered about that.

I can understand the thinking of making it appear 100% if you at least made the effort, but personally I'd rather see the truth on all screens. Either I did it all or I didn't and I don't want a "participation trophy" just for showing up. But perhaps that's just me...

Reply to Thread