Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freezes when starting an adventure/mission

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove

Freezes when starting an adventure/mission

Hi

Whenever I start an adventure, there is that normal message in the top left corner telling me I've started it, then the game freezes completely. It freezes before the image appears under the build queue. Then, after a few seconds, I get the message "Internet Explorer has stopped responding" or something like that (I get it in Norwegian).

It's not a big issue, since I only have to reload the game, but it is annoying.

This is on Windows 10 with Internet Explorer 11 (I'm not using Edge on this PC). As far as I know, everything like drivers, operating system, etc, is running latest versions. Before that I didn't have any such issues.

Clearing cache completely doesn't help.

Not sure when this started to happen. Up until the Christmas event, I haven't played adventures in a month or so - took a break fro them when I got problems with blocks not lasting long enough.

Btw, this is not the "freeze when sending/accepting invite" bug, but for all I know, it may be related.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Have you tried any other browsers?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    No, and I'm not going to. As I said, it's not a big issue, just wanted to report it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    <hey,
    i have the same bug
    Starting an adventure cause extrem lagging.

System is Windows 10
    Browser Chrome and Firefox (latest version)
    Clearing the cache changes nothing
    after reloading the Website everything works normal.

MAybe you can find a bug

Greeting micerdi

PS. After finishing the adventure it is also lagging
    Last edited by micerdi; 21.12.17 at 16:39.

World
    Sandycove
    I've come to the conclusion (probably caused by Flash but since I'm not an expert in it's programming that's just an educated guess) that the game freezes from time to time and I've just learned to live with it. A refresh seems to fix all and I haven't lost anything doing that so it's not that big of a deal for me - usually. Mostly I'm at home which means unlimited broadband. Often however I'm remote hot-spotting off my phone where my data is limited and loading takes a nice chunk. That's the only time it's really an issue for me. I doubt there is much that can be done.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    I have this too, start an adventure freezes, ends an adventure freezes......I did six back to back Christmas scenario's and spent more time refreshing than on the adventures...my patience is running thin. Its alright for BB to sit there and say there is no problem with the game running on flash and stick their head in the sand when it clearly is not!
    I was going to put a month premium on and go for another level.....but not like this....even the login is corrupted and takes a complete closure of browser to get it to work! Sorry but unless these issues are fixed I can't see me staying much longer, even IE got fed up of constantly having to refresh for this one site and messaged me that `there was a problem with the website'.....Tell me something I did not know...better yet tell BB!!
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Ok impostor where is the real Muttley and what have you done with it?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    A couple of other issues has appeared the last few days:

The game takes forever to load. Usually minimum 4-5 minutes, often more than 10 (I can go outside for a smoke and it's still not done when I come back inside). Though after a complete load, refreshing is much, much quicker.

Sometimes, when it's about to load the island screen, after hitting play, the screen goes white with a big "!" in a circle on the middle of the screen. A refresh or two usually works, though.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    A couple of other issues has appeared the last few days:

The game takes forever to load. Usually minimum 4-5 minutes, often more than 10 (I can go outside for a smoke and it's still not done when I come back inside). Though after a complete load, refreshing is much, much quicker.

Sometimes, when it's about to load the island screen, after hitting play, the screen goes white with a big "!" in a circle on the middle of the screen. A refresh or two usually works, though.
    As Daz suggested earlier, can you see if these same load times occur with other browsers e.g. Firefox, Chrome etc?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Flash Crash. Happens to me and the rest of the guild in all browsers. At least once a day to me and more often than not whilst on an adventure.
    Probably can't post links here (don't remember) so I won't. But a brief search will elicit the information that Flash is dead by 2020. Presumably despite protestations to the contrary BB will have to recode TSO to run in HTML5 by then or shortly thereafter since flash won't be supported at all.
    I still won't have reached 75 of course...

Reply to Thread