Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Big Mary

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

Mary christmas

Have to say all the negative info on mary had put me off but had no other use for the presents so grabbed her skilled her up and wish i had a few more of her..i hate doing adventures they have become a chore so anything that gives me more xp so less adventures is great..
    because of her and i have only used her on YWC i am now getting 220612 xp plus prem thats a lovely boost for the sake of 151 recruits and 419 ms i can live with that

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 28.12.17 at 10:37.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    couldnt agree with hades more. some other way of lvling up would be gr8, or cut out all the boring walking on gens.

instant move to new locations and back to garrison after killing a camp would maybe make the advs less tedious.

sry bb, i love settlers but the advs really are tedious

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    couldnt agree with hades more. some other way of lvling up would be gr8, or cut out all the boring walking on gens.

instant move to new locations and back to garrison after killing a camp would maybe make the advs less tedious.

sry bb, i love settlers but the advs really are tedious
    *hint**hint*
    Spoiler
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    There could be beachheads instead of landing spots - technically, "island storehouse" of which we would move out our generals.
    One beachhead per player and coastal sector.

Shouldn't be so hard to fix code for that and map devs to pinpoint beachhead spots in all maps - compared to all (sneak) changes done about current landing spots.
    Posted in 34171-General-ADV-placement.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Big Mary doing every camp on young woodcutter. No blocks , no missed camps. MASSIVE exp.

( i now know what flanking means now ! )

http://prntscr.com/i1ysr7

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimhurst View Post
    Big Mary doing every camp on young woodcutter. No blocks , no missed camps. MASSIVE exp.

( i now know what flanking means now ! )

http://prntscr.com/i1ysr7
    yeah does depend on losses though

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    that sounds gr8 Grim but can u post us a guide?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Its not really a guide , its more like showing whats possible. So for every camp with mary on YWC you have the possibility of getting 483k exp but the losses are equally massive ! So now its a matter of finding a balance between maximum exp/losses and speed of completion.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    trying it now Grim

with a few pointers from Snow I'm starting to get a little understanding of the combat system.
    My question is, do u get xp per unit killed or per camp? i.e. if i send a suicide wave then Mary will i get x2 xp for killing the camp, or just x2 xp for the units that Mary kills?

i hope i;ve explained my question well enuff lol, i think it may be a question for the devs!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    gens get XP for what troops they kill not the camp. So using mary on suicide attacks will get u more XP. she is great to use as 1st wave instead of a 200 gen as she will kil more than a tavern gen and double ur XP. But she is also pretty good with 1 troop suicide waves as long as there is no 1st strike units in the camp. but she cant take on the stronger troops in 1 troop suicide waves like the sword masters or sword weilders. So fine for most addy but not much good on the southern isle or alli baba. Weak attack so she needs a lot of troops to kill the stronger camps. its the xp she gets that makes her worth using. even better if skilled up the same as ur big hitters.

Not a good idea to use for blocks though as her attack is better than a tavern gen so might end the attack too soon unless u adjust the troops u send with her.
    She will most likely be added to the guides once the guide writers have worked out the best way to use her.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    she is great to use as 1st wave instead of a 200 gen as she will kil more than a tavern gen and double ur XP...So fine for most addy but not much good on the southern isle or alli baba...She will most likely be added to the guides once the guide writers have worked out the best way to use her.
    Actually the complete opposite of what is written here.
    Guides for using Mary in Ali's: https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...Mary-Christmas

Reply to Thread