Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Joining a guild

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I think as a collective we should focus on giving sound advice when newbies start, and think guild recruitment shouldnt be until at least lvl 20 imo.
    You can get to level 15-18 in a day or two and, at this point, few understand hardly anything about the game. I genuinely believe recruitment at this stage can be very counter productive and overly confusing, when they are trying to understand the guild mechanic/system as well as the games.
    Advice and help, and even some small amounts of resource are the main reasons they join at that stage, and tbh i think its not that hard for us to give them that without a guild.
    Spamming invites is bad 100%. I know cos i do my best to be annoying, and ive been here a year and a half, and even i had to make a guild just for me to stop the spamming!
    The amount of newbies that join guilds with no idea what a guild is, what it offers and then proceed to beg for help and basic advice is kinda embarrassing.
    Im not interested in recruitment at all tbh but this is exactly the reason would only ever add a handful of people to my guild, no matter what.
    As the game gets older, and numbers continue dropping, i think there is a conflict between guilds/players that give players space and time to get settled and then look for a guild, and those that start and want free stuff to build faster and accept the first invites they get with no understanding of the implications.
    Unfort the only effective way to recruit right now is as soon as they appear, as you know others will be doing the same.
    I think raising the level cap to join would help prevent this
    John the Don A.K.A OHNO_IMAPENCIL

World
    Sandycove
    One thing that crossed my mind is that perhaps an invite should be proactive instead of reactive. In other words, you send a join request to the guild and they need to accept instead of the other way around. It won't stop other forms of spam but it would at least improve the invite situation. And then the guild has complete control of levels accepted and so forth.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    One thing that crossed my mind is that perhaps an invite should be proactive instead of reactive. In other words, you send a join request to the guild and they need to accept instead of the other way around. It won't stop other forms of spam but it would at least improve the invite situation. And then the guild has complete control of levels accepted and so forth.
    +1 I think this is a great idea.

A lot seem to think the Guild Recruitment Thread does not work but looking at the viewing figures I would say it is not the system at fault so is it the way we present ourselves? or is the attraction of being in a guild being part of a good community not enough?

World
    Newfoundland
    indeed ☺

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    +1 I think this is a great idea.

A lot seem to think the Guild Recruitment Thread does not work but looking at the viewing figures I would say it is not the system at fault so is it the way we present ourselves? or is the attraction of being in a guild being part of a good community not enough?
    We look in many different things in a guild. Some want a guild with people who speak the same language - some like me wants it to be as mixed international as it can be. Some wants a big guild with many that does guild quests and thereby get many GC. They might want a guild where you must do guild quest every day.
    Some want a very chatty guild with lots going on. Some wants a dedicated guild who are very focused on the game.
    Most new players dont even know what a guild is - and there is not much information to get, you cant give any in the official chats. But you are spammed with invitations.
    For me relevant information would be:
    Guild quest mandatory yes no
    Any other strict rules.
    International or national guild
    hours GMT when most people in guild are online (it is not so much fun to be the only one online when rest is sleeping )
    helpful chatty guild- or serious dedicated guild
    others might have more suggestions
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread