Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazonian Settlers Christmas Crisis event

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

Smile Amazonian Settlers Christmas Crisis event

I tried something a bit different for my guild to run alongside the Xmas event this year.

You could call it .. a guild crisis quest. My guild is a large active guild (though this is not meant to be a guild recruitment advert .. we are full up anyway, with a waiting list of people looking for a spot when one comes up)

The crisis quest was based on a story involving the guild members, officers and guild leader - with various stages all heavily influenced by popular culture and media. As partcularly demonstrted by it's real title ... "Winter is Coming"

There were minor rewards along the way for completing any stage with more major prizes dished out at the end.

In addition to publishing each part - some members when submitting their entries for ech part did so s if they were also adding to the story - some of which I have included in the posts below.

Over 50 members out of 100 took part in at least one of the stages - and have decided to share the various parts here.

What follows is each section of the story and some members "in-story" responses - unedited.

Some might find it interesting

Guild Leader - Luckydiddy
    Permanent Officers - Stonewaller, Luxor1, Bellengaria, Hazeleyes, Nastynono, Irobijn, Raddichio, ByMoonlight
    Temporary Officer - BitterSweet - who won a previous competition and was appointed to officer team for 1 month as our "Playmate of the month"
    Guild Founder who left the guild earlier this year - Sephuaua
    Any other guild members named in the main story - because they had the best most accurate response in the previous part.
    Last edited by luckydiddy; 07.01.18 at 14:57.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Winter is Coming Part 1

The doors to the guild house flew open and wind and snow blew into the guild hall.

The wind nearly blew out the flames in the huge fireplace.

The courageous explorer, Bellengaria, returning from her search for new recruits, crashed through the doors and landed on the small pile of snow that had followed her in.

Luckydiddy waved for his Sergeant–at-Arms Raddichio to help the woman to her feet and offer her a brew and some food.

The colour returned to her cheeks as she ravenously devoured a slice of the guild special sausage made to a secret recipe only known to the Sergeant-at-Arms .. and a great many horses.

“Winter is coming great leader” she said. "I have returned from venturing across the globe searching for truth to the rumours that The Snow King seeks great riches. He has heard about our mountains of gold guild coins and is determined to take them for himself."

Luckydiddy called for all his trusted officers and they sat and listened to what Bellengaria had to say.

“The Snow King is amassing a great army. I have seen it with my own eyes… Even now at the corners of your kingdom his army approaches”, Bellengaria said nervously.

Luckydiddy made the sign of the great lucky horseshoe, turned to his officers, and asked for their advice.

Maestor Stonewaller scowled: “Bah .. Humbug! The Snow King is not real”

Maestress Nono began to look like she was going to say something then remembered to adjust her hat .. she was very proud of her hat… it was tall, cone shaped and very very pointy.

The High Priestesses ByMoonlight, Hazeleyes, Irobijn and Luxor1 started to chant in some strange and ancient language. As they did so a strange shape began to form in the smoke from the fire.

It looked white … with long twiggy arms… and a hat… almost as impressive as Nono’s…

As the priestesses continued to chant more white figures began to appear in the flames of the fire and then what was impossible to mistake for … a horseshoe .. broken in two… Then the flames of the fire suddenly went out and a great chill descended on the hall.

Luckydiddy turned to his officers: "We must find out more … send scouts to see if The Snow King’s army is real, where they are, and gauge their numbers."

The officers sent messages to all members of ZON….

You have been tasked by your guild leader to go out into the frozen wastes of Luckydiddy Island – see if you can find the snow king’s army, where it is, AND FIND OUT THEIR NUMBERS. A great reward is promised for those that provide the most accurate intelligence on our enemy… but the threat of invasion is real .. you must hurry.

Luckydiddy needs to know this information by ….

Further instructions will then follow.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    WINTER IS COMING PART 1A

***URGENT NEWS***

Early reports from the first scouts to explore my island have confirmed the presence of many snowmen.

Also … scarily .. Something has happened at the mines … snow covered in blood has been found at the entrances … several miners have failed to come back up from digging into the earth.

The remainder have all gone on strike saying its not safe.

If we do face an invasion we will need weapons .. For which we will need the metals the miners dig up .. We must find this snowman army asap .. Get out there and find them .. Report back to luckydiddy!
    Last edited by luckydiddy; 07.01.18 at 15:05.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    WINTER IS COMING PART 2

A few days had passed. Many members from the guild had returned with different bits and pieces of information regarding The Snow King’s army and all received some rewards for their efforts.

Ferike86, also brought more news.

In a witch tower near the swamp they had found an ancient codex with the unmistakable image of a snowman on the cover. They thought it might be important and had brought it back.

Luckydiddy examined the codex, but it contained strange and indiscernible writing. He passed it to High Priestesses Luxor1 and Hazeleyes.

“Yes great leader – these are hieroglyphics. And yes … we can read them.” They paused and examined the pages in more detail. “It talks here of the ancient founder of the guild, Sephuaua, that he might have had a weapon that could destroy The Snow King and his army. But we have never heard of it before so cannot help you with finding it.

Maestor Stonewaller scraped his chair along the stone floor as he stretched back and looked like he was about to hit someone - anyone would do. “I seem to remember though it was before my time … Maestress Nono arranged Sephuaua’s burial, perhaps this weapon is in his tomb”

Maestress Nono perked up … “Oh yes” .. took her hat off … examined the pointy end.. then put it back on again …. “Where did we put Sephuaua again?”

Unfortunately Maestress Nono was the only living guild member to have been a part of the burial arrangements and she has forgotten exactly where Sephuaua was buried.

Perhaps you can help? Go and search Nastynono's island, find the tomb of the legendary Sephuaua, you will need to go into the tomb and search for the weapon. Only return when you HAVE FOUND THE EXACT LOCATION OF THE MISSING TOMB (A screenshot should do it – downloading lightshot which is free might help)

Report back to luckydiddy by ____________ for more instructions.

https://app.prntscr.com/en/download.html

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    WINTER IS COMING PART 2A - done in response to guild members struggling with fiding the tomb.

I have figured out what happened.

The evil snowman spy (hiding to the south-west of the volcano) broke into the tomb to steal the holy relics. He then flogged the tombstone on trade, leaving behind nothing but the old ruins on the north-west side of Nono's residential city in the centre of the island.

And that is why I can't find the tomb here...

mvh.,

Gobolino

I like your thinking, to be certain I despatched Maestor Stonewaller to go and investigate these ruins of which you speak.

He wasn’t best pleased to have to go and do something.

After many days of trudging through the cold and icy wasteland of Nono Island he found the overgrown ruins of which you speak. After careful searching all he managed to find were some weeds and brambles. Seems the sword is not here. This can’t be the tomb!

When he returned from his wild goose chase he kept mentioning the words Gobo … Pain … suffering …

It might be a good idea to avoid him for a bit …. Or maybe forever!

The real tomb MUST BE ELSEWHERE on NONO’s Island

You had better go back to search again … this time make sure you find it! We are depending on you!

Luckydiddy

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Samuelthorn's response to part 2

Master Lucky,

I have sent scouts all over the guild kingdom, and yet they've returned bringing in the information you requested.

They were able to locate the long lost tomb of Sephua's Final Resting Place. Once magnificent solitaire Tomb is now hidden in the dense forest on masteress Nastynono's Archipelago's sector 7. On their journey, my scouts also came by a overgrown ruins and were affraid, that the tomb might have been robbed, and we would be doomed. I am really glad the tomb is intact and I hope the mighty sword would be in it. Please take a look on the map they have brought with them.

http://imagebucket.net/azzrhdl7u56q/tomb.jpg

If we stay united we will solve the problem, no matter how complex it is!!!

Now it is time to rest. I will make a great feast for the all the guild's scouting parties, even thousand steaks might be on the tables.

Let's gather the strength, as there is more to come.

Cheers,
    Samuel

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Mark-The-Brave's response to part 2

A new sturdy pair of books and a working compass later, I ventured out once more into this mysterious land.
    North South East and West I travelled for days on end.
    Just as hope was fading I saw rising in front of me a mountain so vast that all light was blocked from view.
    Undeterred I ventured on and came to a place I understand is called A7 a sparse land surrounded by water.
    Just down from the large store house at about 7 O clock on a watch face I came across the resting place of the Great Seph.
    Hopefully the weapon we seek can now be found to repel the snowy forces of doom approaching our land.

MtB

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Hanta's response to part 2

From the guild house, any settlers going by can hear excited shouts and even something that looks like a party. If any of them dares look inside, they would find all the officers in there, guessing and discussing about this old weapon, excited that the end is near. And some, to eager to celebrate too early….
    When suddenly the doors of the guild house open with a heavy bang, and a big man totally covered in dust and other things difficult to describe appears.
    The sudden bang surprises everyone, and some of the officers even go for the swords, stopping in mid draw when recognition hits their faces
    “Isn’t that man the crazy scout from last time, the one who….”
    “Shhhh, not now” says another officer covering gently the mouth of the first one
    “upppss, sorry!”

The scout, as yes, it is the same as last time with his funny piece of cloth, starts screaming in the door
    “hurry!!! Hurry!!! Found them, found them!!! They are in the archipielago, they are attacking again!!!”
    The officers are totally confused, as this is not at all what expected
    “what are you talking about, where you not sent to find the old guild leader’s tomb?”
    “The snowmen, the snowmen are back, hurry, hurry!”
    And the scout collapses in the door

The officers just stand there, not really knowing what to do, and since last time experience, none of them is in a hurry to try to help the poor lad, as memories of the task to count the snowmen and too vivid still in their minds, and their noses….

Finally, one of them decides to be the courageous one (also, as he has a cold is easier for him), and approaches the man. On the floor, some gems and coins are scattered next to the man. He takes one and recognise it as one that was in the tomb
    “Hey, he’s been robing the tomb!!!!” And looking at the coins “and your treasure too!!!”
    “Where did you keep your coins nono?”
    “in the spacious storehouse, in the north of the archipielagos. Why?”. “We should send the next scouts there, I’m sure the tomb is nearby!” And runs outside shouting for a new scout to come in and get ready to travel
    “and what do we do with this one?”
    To be continued

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    MurgenX response to part 2

Murgen was busy coordinating an op on the plain, looking for possible aid in the Winter War for their new patrons in Zon, so Croaker elected to take care of business for him while he was gone. Having discovered that Goblin had messed up not one but two missions (initially Goblin and One eye had been sent out to locate a tomb on an earlier mission, and Goblin had snuck off to set up one of his hooch stills in a pumpkin cemetery instead of actually looking for the tomb, and reported it destroyed and unusable for the purpose of finding the weapon Lucky had been looking for- since disproven by recent rumor of the tomb being in another stretch of the wilderness altogether; and had doctored Luckys orders to defeat the Vikings on the Arctic Island and bring back their explosives they had planned to use against Zon, instead to prevent their use of the explosives instead by using overwhelmingly un-needed troops to defeat the Nords quickly while Goblin snuck off to steal the explosives and bring them back to dump them on the local black market for a quick profit) Croaker and Lady had the Howler take Goblin off for a little “session” to explain to him in no uncertain terms he needed to stay in line and stop making them look bad to their new patrons, and search for the tomb in the rumored wilderness area themselves, with a small platoon of soldiers, and their siege warfare expert Blade, as well as quartermasters supreme Otto and Hagop, to ensure any and all bases were covered, as Lady was their resident Magicks expert already.

prntscr.com/honk1s

After hunting in the frozen wilderness for a good week (The Company was much more used to desert, mountainous or tropical climes) The Tomb was discovered. Others had apparently been there before them, but unable to defeat the Sigils used to seal the tomb. After a few hours of unraveling the powerful necromantic magicks surrounding the doorway, Lady destroyed them, and signaled the troops to be ready. Her and Croaker in the lead with their powerful dark armor from an earlier era, pushed open the large doors, Blade at the ready behind them, while Otto and Hagop awaited in the rear with some Repeating Arquebus they had designed to assist in the war, with ammo crafted by Lady to help destroy undead as well as shadows, the dark little things always in their memories with how many brethren had fallen to them.

Lady and Croaker were blown back into the snow banks against the trees by an onrushing horde of the grey spirits of the snowmen army earlier defeated by their soldiers, led by the rotting corpse of an ensorcelled, massive yeti. Chaos ensued, and they leapt out of the snow bank, joining Blade to attack the yeti with their enchanted swords. With Otto and Hagop assisting the soldiers from behind their wagons with gunfire, the spirits of the snowmen were defeated, though most of the soldiers saw themselves to an icy grave in the process. Blade flanking the large beast from the side, Croaker and Lady pushed the creature back against the Tomb with their attacks, and it was defeated with no loss, though Blade took a nasty clawmark down his arm that would need some medical attention, and possible magical investigation. Waiting for a few moments to catch their breaths, and see if any other dead but still walking would come from the Tomb, nothing stirred, and Lady entered first, her magicks at the ready. Nothing else remained of the former tenants entombed within the catacomb, apparently consumed by the yeti, but some ancient platinum swords were found, with sigils of some long forgotten enchanter on the pommels. They loaded up the swords, and the bodies of the dead in the wagons, Lady cast her green fire across the corpse of the stinking beast they had killed to ensure it would not raise again to cause The Company further trouble, and while waiting for the Corpse to be naught but ash, Croaker updated the Annals and then they began the long trek back home to report their find to Lucky.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Gobolino final response to part 2

I found it eventually - behind some trees, just underneath the platinum smelters and spacious storehouse.

But by the time I got there, the weapon was gone - the younger warriors with better eyesight had already taken it and charged off into battle! I will now have to hobble after them as fast as my weary legs can manage - it's not easy in these huge snow boots!

mvh.,

Reply to Thread