Reply to Thread

Thread: Couldn't load plugin.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Couldn't load plugin.

Please read my post before assuming anything.

I am a steam player. Yes, I know of the plugin issue - this happened on a previous laptop as well. Since moving to a new laptop, I've been unable to resolve this issue. Yes, I did even try to just copy and paste all of the files from the previous laptop, but that did not either.

Once installing the game, I was immediately told that I needed to install flash, which was already installed. I verified that I had installed it, and installed it again regardless, noting the version number. From there, I followed the guide that is posted in the FAQ, which I have done previously.

And yes, I did make certain to use the current version number.

After updating the json files, upon opening the game, I am greeted with the normal opening screen. When I click Play Game, I'm greeted with "can't load plugin".

Upon closing the game, and then restarting it, I'm immediately given the screen that says it cannot load the plugin, and the JSON files are no longer what they had been.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've followed the guide. I've deleted all of the game files and reinstalled repeatedly, trying to go through the process again. If anyone has any ideas, please help. My old laptop is now dead, and this is the only option I have to play...

And after two years, no, I don't really want to restart with a web account...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    No one? No one has any ideas?

Going on a week now of being unable to log in. I'm starting to give up hope.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Did you try the Chrome flash plugin as well? You have a choice in settings on which one you want to use. Chrome or the Windows one.

World
    Sandycove
    I use Chrome, and if its any consolation, Chrome's been getting ever so quirky as well with it's plugins and the game. Had a few weird messages, non-start of the game, white screens...
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 11.01.18 at 21:15.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Yes, I tried both versions - one is for Chrome, the other is for Firefox. I tried it first with the Chrome version, but I have tried both.

Reply to Thread