View Poll Results: What should Sonya do?

Voters
883. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go back to the mountain path

277 31.37%
  • Wait for the man to wake up

470 53.23%
  • Destroy the stone figurine

136 15.40%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SOS Sonya: Choose how the story continues!

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

SOS Sonya: Choose how the story continues!

Dear settlers,

Yesterday we posted an audio message our Social Media channels (Facebook, Twitter) to help us decipher a message written in Morse Code. Some of you managed to find out the message read SOS Sonya. But... what could this mean?

Here is the rest of the story, where you would have to choose the way the story unfolds. Based on the worldwide majority of votes, the story will continue in one way or another.

SOS Sonya

Following the distress signal Sonya sent, you and a small team of explorers embark on a journey to locate the signal of Excelsior's latest known position. After a few days of intensive searches in barbarian realms, Excelsior finally appears on sight... and what a sight! The ship without its crew members seems to be abandoned near a small mountain path. While searching for hints, you come across footsteps in the light snow and decide to follow them. They lead you through a dangerously narrow mountain path, with small pebbles falling down from above here and there. In the distance you see a fading purple light flickering through the falling snow; this must be Sonya!

While moving towards her, the falling snow turns into a blizzard and the atmosphere changes – you feel a light frizzle in the air. You pat her lightly on the shoulder and as she turns to look at you, you notice a wounded, seemingly frozen man in her arms. The man seems to hold onto his life and also to a strange stone figurine. You hear her whisper "he got it from an old ruin, we need to save him and find that place". Together with Sonya, you take the man back to the Excelsior as she explains how her crew disappeared one after another on the mountain path, how she encountered the magic in the air and then finally stumbled upon this cursed man. The stone figurine, now in her possession, is shining with a bright light. She asks you what to do next.

Happy voting,
    BB_Saqui
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 12.01.18 at 16:46.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Is this new game content or something? I don't understand this or know anything about this story?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    It just seems to be a rebadged version of our guilds Christmas Crisis Quest to me?

https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...s-Crisis-event

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    What the heck is this nonsense about???

As i dont have a clue what's up or not.... I havent voted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Can we use a recovery kit on him instead?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hey, its interesting, so lets see what happens! Being positive is good.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, if there's cursing involved, I'd vote that Sonya puts a ticket into support.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-The-Brave View Post
    It just seems to be a rebadged version of our guilds Christmas Crisis Quest to me?
    Spoiler

Some kind of entry story for the new campaign for levels 65+.

The only thing that w can make Sonya do that makes sense to me is to check how much exp mountain dwellers yield.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Probably to tell us that 'Mountain Clan Campaign' will soon be on testserver.

maybe the decision is the first to be taken when starting the campain ( at least recap say we will have to make decisions which will have influence on how mission evolves )

forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/35453-Community-Day-Recap-2017

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like this, i see good stuff coming out of this.

This included Excelsior in the story twice, i'd take that as an obvious hint, that seemed too intentional to be put there by mistake.
    The Stone figurine i'd guess is a new decoration, which better not be microscopical at least.

Now the other thing is, i think she needs to take the mountain Path so she goes to beat the bad guys (Adventuring) and discovers something at the mountain (mountain please? Rings a bell? Hopefully this solves that mystery) the bad guys were trying to steal something, something that could break the curse and save the man so she comes back and heals the man and then they both go together as he tells her the road back to where he got the stone, trying to return it to where it belongs. On the way they face bandits trying to stop them and trying to take the figurine as thought it has supernatural powers, (Lost City type of buffs? Maybe, maybe not) they want those powers for themselves but the curse would follow them with terrible consequences so the stone figurine must be returned to its original place.
    So they travel some more and fight some more and discover more things then when they go to the end, you hand over the stone figurine, and the man + Sonya are now heroes and are to be rewarded with something very special, something worth the hard work... And... That could be the Epic Weapon Smith, could be a better Horseshoe recipe (as an additional reward), could blow up the famous mountain the first time you finish it then the rest of rewards (just like getting the Epic Farm first time you finish the chain).

I really see great potential here, i'm just saying what seems to make sense to me but this can be spectacularly awesome so keep an eye on it and don't underestimate it please.

Closed Thread