Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old Style Settlers

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Old Style Settlers

How about a new thing like the old style settlers?
    We have to build a harbour and ship builders, then sail off with troops and supplies to conquer an island. That island might be occupied by another player and we have to defeat that other player. We don't know what troops the other player has, but we can see their castles and other military buildings and can attack them to gain land. We send our troops into battle and see the individual soldiers sword fighting. If we gain control of a building and land, we can build our own woodcutters, stone masons, other buildings there. And we need to send more troops and more supplies to defend the island because we never know when the other player will counter attack.
    I think this would add a new dimension to the game and would be far more interesting than the daily routine of click this, click that and following step by step guides for the same adventures over and over ....

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think that the expeditions that we have now could do with a change. Introducing some of your idea into them, I think would be interesting. I like the idea of building boats for troops and supplies then choose an island to attack. Just like you would in an adventure. When choosing an island to attack from a list, the owner has to be online so they can defend the island.

However, I think only military buildings should be built on the island using supplies from your main island. Also, only a certain amount of buildings depending on some kind of scoring system.

We will then have real-time 1v1 battle situations. Once an island is conquered the winning player receives loot from the island just like the expeditions but more and better loot.

World
    Newfoundland
    the main reason i play this game is that i CANNOT be attacked, i am guessing there are a lot of players who feel the same, TSO is about making friends ingame, not enemies, plenty of other games out there where you can destroy weaker players islands, i for one didn't want any type of pvp, but i gave it a go for while, but it's not worth the effort due to pitiful loots compared to losses/resources involved, and most times after spending hours capturing 2-3 colonies you log off for the night, and next day all 3 are gone again, the day my island can be attacked is the day i quit TSO, spent alot of real money since 2013 on this, don't want some nutter to suddenly destroy all i've done while i am sleeping

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    the main reason i play this game is that i CANNOT be attacked
    +1

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    the main reason i play this game is that i CANNOT be attacked,
    Totally agree.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    How can your home island be attacked when the combat is taking place on a separate island which you don't own.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    How can your home island be attacked when the combat is taking place on a separate island which you don't own.
    They clearly didn't read the OP properly. The idea was to own another island just like an expedition island but the player has more control over its defence.

the main reason i play this game is that i CANNOT be attacked,
    You don't HAVE to take part in PvP and no one is going to ATTACK your main island. Also I think that a player can only attack another island if that other player is online so they can defend said island, so you can sleep safe and sound.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 14.01.18 at 16:13.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    think PEGI-7 rules don't allow this type of pvp combat.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    yes, i meant a separate island, not your home island
    and you have to remember that a lot of us playing this game used to play the original settlers on the amiga etc, where attacking and being attacked were always a very big part of the game

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LordofEverything View Post
    yes, i meant a separate island, not your home island
    and you have to remember that a lot of us playing this game used to play the original settlers on the amiga etc, where attacking and being attacked were always a very big part of the game
    yes but on the original settlers your island didnt cost real money to build so losing buildings didnt matter on there
    fair enough for a separate island for attacking purposes, as long as the default is OPT OUT and you have to OPT IN to play it. unlikely to happen anyway, servers slow enough with one island let alone a second one being added.

Reply to Thread