Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 99

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Easter Event 2018

  1. #51
    Nifty
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    74
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by littlepret View Post
    Spring Park changes! Wow! Ty! That is very good news.

    http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/buil...r/spring-park/
    Wohoo, that makes it so much better!

  2. #52
    Pathfinder c1n3kk2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2
    World
    Sandycove
    I just hope it won't get to live version like this:


  3. #53
    Ruler of the Land Xibor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,004
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by HFoC View Post
    gradually up to 3k for a full Castle on test
    Still trying to get players to care about Expeditions, eh?
    *giggle*
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

  4. #54
    Glorious Graduate
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    107
    World
    Sandycove
    the new geo looks just as bad as the 1 we got during halloween. totaly useless. They might make changes to the new geo after u buy it like they did with the halloween 1. When i bought the halloween geo it said it finds up to 4 deposits per search. a few hrs after i got it it says 2 per search. so wasted pumpkins buying it as jolly skilled up finds 2 and in half the time.

    Dont see the point in finding mines that can be mined faster either. my mines deplete faster than i can rebuild them as it is and i dont even upgrade or buff my mines. i wake up after 4 hrs sleep andfind all my iron mines have depleted. by the time ive found them again and rebuilt them the 1st 1 is depleted again. So having mines that mine in half the time means ill run out of marble and tools a lot faster and geo,s will be out searching for iron deposties a lot more meaning gold coal and copper mines will have to wait to be found again as the goe,s will be permantly looking for iron.

  5. #55
    Quartermaster sparkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Poland / Finland
    Posts
    280
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    my mines deplete faster than i can rebuild them as it is and i dont even upgrade or buff my mines. i wake up after 4 hrs sleep andfind all my iron mines have depleted.
    Lower the dose of the sleeping pills because an unupgraded iron mine lasts about 50 hours. Certainly not 4.

  6. #56
    Town Councillor Larili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    617
    World
    Sandycove
    We have been here before, the iron geo has attributes that `conflict' with the skills and then cause confusion with players expecting both to work for them, when in reality they just replace. BB has said that the reason they didn't skill generals in a certain way was to offer a unique set of skills...seems they don't practice what they preach.
    What was needed is a iron specialist that actually worked for the need of the heavy requirement of the iron chain. Finding larger deposits being a priority, A fast searcher and with a guaranteed extra iron ore surplus find with every search, wouldn't need to be large as long as it is in addition too the skilled tree ( as many will have skilled their geo's for the iron chain already ). That IMO is what they should have produced to make it a `must' have and by that I mean would it pass the `buy for gems' test if it was in merchant up against a jolly or a gen.
    Anyway its all pretty mute for me as if they haven't fixed the freezing issue by then, the game is going back to being a screen saver...losing a month and a half of adventuring means I've virtually left anyway...
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

  7. #57
    Architect of the Empire topgearfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    960
    World
    Newfoundland
    For an average player who logs in 1-2 times a day the new geo (as it is) is worth 1-2 faster deposits a day. Thats like 2-4% production increase? Almost no difference.
    Only thing that makes a difference is if you earn enough iron refills to keep a lvl 7 mine going nonstop you can replace the normal deposit for a faster one. A one time thing.
    Fighting windmills since Aug 2012.

  8. #58
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    18
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    We have been here before, the iron geo has attributes that `conflict' with the skills and then cause confusion with players expecting both to work for them, when in reality they just replace. BB has said that the reason they didn't skill generals in a certain way was to offer a unique set of skills...seems they don't practice what they preach.
    Geologists are not Generals, so if they say general skills follow a certain rule, doesn't mean geologists will follow the same rule, too

  9. #59
    Glorious Graduate
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    142
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    the new geo looks just as bad as the 1 we got during halloween. totaly useless. They might make changes to the new geo after u buy it like they did with the halloween 1. When i bought the halloween geo it said it finds up to 4 deposits per search. a few hrs after i got it it says 2 per search. so wasted pumpkins buying it as jolly skilled up finds 2 and in half the time.

    Dont see the point in finding mines that can be mined faster either. my mines deplete faster than i can rebuild them as it is and i dont even upgrade or buff my mines. i wake up after 4 hrs sleep andfind all my iron mines have depleted. by the time ive found them again and rebuilt them the 1st 1 is depleted again. So having mines that mine in half the time means ill run out of marble and tools a lot faster and geo,s will be out searching for iron deposties a lot more meaning gold coal and copper mines will have to wait to be found again as the goe,s will be permantly looking for iron.
    I don't have any iron mines. I buy the iron ore I need from TO and sell other resources to make up the coins. It saves so much time, effort, resources and buffs. And then you can have your geo's looking for other deposits instead Like you said though, when I used to build iron mines I was always chasing my tail. Having to find the deposits, building the mines then upgrading the mines takes up most of the day And having to do that every day is just so not worth it.

    For any 'new' geo to be effective regarding iron deposits I think they need to increase the amount of iron they find to make having iron mines worthwhile in the first place. Finding deposits that can be mined faster will only save us one maybe two upgrade levels at best. IMO the new geo is not worth getting, just like the last new geo that finds an extra deposit but takes twice as long as a jolly geo. So its just like sending out a jolly geo twice except in the same time the jolly has a chance of bringing back 4 iron deposits instead of 3. (using skills) Make sense to anyone??? lol

    Its good that they are trying to bring out new things but for heavens sake make them useful.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 15.02.18 at 11:49.

  10. #60
    Quartermaster sparkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Poland / Finland
    Posts
    280
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    just like the last new geo that finds an extra deposit but takes twice as long as a jolly geo. So its just like sending out a jolly geo twice except in the same time the jolly has a chance of bringing back 4 iron deposits instead of 3. (using skills) Make sense to anyone??? lol
    Slow geos make sense for searches that are really long and can be performed at the right time BEFORE the deposit depletes.

    If done right you can have close to 100% uptime on granit deposits without using refills, gold is probably close to that.

    Of course an argument can be made on whether or not it makes sense to mine those after a certain point but still the fact that geos are slow doesnt make them useless.

    I don't have any iron mines. I buy the iron ore I need from TO and sell other resources to make up the coins.
    The inherent problem with trade is that in order for you to buy stuff, someone else has to produce it and want to sell it to you. So at the end of the day there always has to be someone using the geos and building the mines.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.