Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: sending all generales to adventure

  1. #11
    Erudite Pioneer
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    81
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by HFoC View Post
    The "Send Army" menu needs a complete redesign anyway.
    Just one example, per general 2 lines of space are wasted with:
    "Current mission: waiting
    for orders"
    Well of course he/she is, otherwise he/she wouldn't even appear in the list!
    This. Because then you might be able to see the troops on the third row of gens, an annoyance which has been raised before.

  2. #12
    Ruler of the Land Xibor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,258
    World
    Sandycove
    I can't imagine any situation where I would send every general. This of course would depend on level and how many generals you have, but still - every general?

    (Adding complexity to every possible game interface (as it appears is being suggested over and over and over in many assorted different posts) isn't going to improve anything btw.)

    Agreed the sending of generals needs an overall improvement. Because of the mysterious (random?) order the generals appear when you select the 'send army' option from the adventure I tend to go with sending them through the star menu/general interface, which requires some extra clicks (and it's fun when the generals have left and the remaining ones shift position - it's like a whack-a-mole at that point) but at least I know the order of the generals and I can find them instantly. Best compromise I've found so far.

    My dream is to have a screen with scroll that shows the generals in exactly the same order as my star menu and I could just tick the ones I want to go. Therefore the easiest fix I can see given the existing UI is to show the 'send army' list from the adventure options in the same exact order as the player has them in the star menu, and expand the window to show complete rows (whether that be 3 or 4 or 5 rows) and in my opinion problem solved.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

  3. #13
      Treasure Hunter
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    202
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    My dream is to have a screen with scroll that shows the generals in exactly the same order as my star menu and I could just tick the ones I want to go. Therefore the easiest fix I can see given the existing UI is to show the 'send army' list from the adventure options in the same exact order as the player has them in the star menu, and expand the window to show complete rows (whether that be 3 or 4 or 5 rows) and in my opinion problem solved.
    I can get on board with that dream lol. Also, maybe instead of having complete rows of 3,4 or 5. What about having a full page that appears with all the generals in the order of the star menu or having the generals loaded with troops be at the top working from left to right, top to bottom. No need for scrolling (As some people have a large number of gens) and all you would need to do is to tick which ones you want to send then send them.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 25.01.18 at 03:52.

  4. #14
    Keen Commentor Syltom1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    159
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I can't imagine any situation where I would send every general. This of course would depend on level and how many generals you have, but still - every general?
    Have you ever sent more than half of your generals? Do you want to select all and deselect a few, or select many one by one?

  5. #15
    Ruler of the Land Xibor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,258
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Syltom1 View Post
    Have you ever sent more than half of your generals? Do you want to select all and deselect a few, or select many one by one?
    As noted it completely depends on how many generals you have, but I think in the case of most players past a certain level selecting 1/2 of them or selecting all and deselecting 1/2 of them doesn't seem to make much of a difference to me.

    Generally it's easier mentally to chose the positive than to deselect the negative. This is why a voting paper doesn't require you to cross out the candidates you don't want to vote for.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

  6. #16
    Keen Commentor Syltom1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    159
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    As noted it completely depends on how many generals you have, but I think in the case of most players past a certain level selecting 1/2 of them or selecting all and deselecting 1/2 of them doesn't seem to make much of a difference to me.

    Generally it's easier mentally to chose the positive than to deselect the negative. This is why a voting paper doesn't require you to cross out the candidates you don't want to vote for.
    Voting paper is a terrible idea, I don't see anything related. For me, I always need to send most of my generals. I always use Majors, MMAs, BHGs, Vets, Nusala, Vargus, slow gens, Quartermasters. The only ones that I exclude and use only occasionally are Draculs and Defense Masters. It's so much easier to just exclude those 2 kinds rather than select the rest one by one.

    Currently, I have 38 generals, and what I don't always bring are only 4.
    Last edited by Syltom1; 26.01.18 at 00:45.

  7. #17
    Ruler of the Land Xibor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,258
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Syltom1 View Post
    Voting paper is a terrible idea, I don't see anything related. For me, I always need to send most of my generals. I always use Majors, MMAs, BHGs, Vets, Nusala, Vargus, slow gens, Quartermasters. The only ones that I exclude and use only occasionally are Draculs and Defense Masters. It's so much easier to just exclude those 2 kinds rather than select the rest one by one.

    Currently, I have 38 generals, and what I don't always bring are only 4.
    You didn't get my point but no matter. 34 generals to each adventure? Landing zones and positioning must be fun. I hate the confusion myself. Sounds like Diwata is a little more like you - lots and lots of generals with lots of mini waves and odd little blocks. Funny thing is because I spend more time optimizing I end up with about the same number of losses for all her moving her generals around, and tend to get more experience because I'm having lots of fun slotting Mary in. But I digress.

    Ok then - some play styles might make a click-the-send-all then deselect certain generals idea make some sense. If they would improve the send armies box overall like the other suggestions have asked for, a little tick box in the corner that says 'send all' wouldn't bother me.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

  8. #18
    Erudite Pioneer
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    81
    World
    Northisle
    I'd settle for a holding area where I could stuff gens I never use just so they don't show up on the selection screen.
    Oh, and fix the third row to show the troop count :P.

    TLDR: I'd imagine most people will eventually end up with more bhg/grim/helmet/MoD/Drac than they ever use on any regular basis. Even if this is not the case for you now, at some point in the future it will be. Putting these in a box for occasional use would tidy up the selection screen. On the plus side at least there's now the option to send each general individually.
    Come to think of it I'd personally also like to put a load of rarely used buffs in the same box so I don't see those all the time as well.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.