Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sending all generales to adventure

World
    Newfoundland

sending all generales to adventure

Last edited by dead_pool; 20.01.18 at 00:27.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Personally I would never use it.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    i would use it ☺

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Sending all generals to an adventure has so many negative drawbacks as to make it pointless.

For a start, there is a limited number of places a general can land on the adventure thus placing the excess generals in the star menu until required. The odds of having the correct generals ready for use at the start of the adventure would be annoying. You'd have to retrench the ones that have landed just so you can land the correct ones even before you do anything else.

Then we have the annoyance of sending back a transport general to ferry more recruits, thus wasting another 30 minutes.

The whole point of deciding which generals to use on any particular adventure is all part of the game. Sending everything at once takes away that decision making process.
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 21.01.18 at 11:36.

World
    Newfoundland
    well , all what u said is right , shall i remove the post ?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post
    Sending all generals to an adventure has so many negative drawbacks as to make it pointless.

For a start, there is a limited number of places a general can land on the adventure thus placing the excess generals in the star menu until required. The odds of having the correct generals ready for use at the start of the adventure would be annoying. You'd have to retrench the ones that have landed just so you can land the correct ones even before you do anything else.

Then we have the annoyance of sending back a transport general to ferry more recruits, thus wasting another 30 minutes.

The whole point of deciding which generals to use on any particular adventure is all part of the game. Sending everything at once takes away that decision making process.
    What about having the option to send all generals only sends generals that have troops assigned to them. I, in the past have missed clicking on a general loaded with troops that I needed thus making it less pointless. Not many, if any adventures need the use of so many generals that they take up all the landing spots. (Increase landing spots, but that is for another post lol). Even if there are only a small amount of spots to land. Anyway, when the generals do land even if they are the correct generals, we still need to waste time putting them in the right place before we can do anything else.

Also, I know what you are thinking and that we would have to assign a unit just to be able to use the feature, well you don't. You can fill up your transport generals and any other generals that you need to and then send all, then be able to choose which other generals you need by selecting them one by one. Which still allows for the decision making process. I know that sounds like what we do now but, this helps us in two ways. Firstly, we are safe in the knowledge that all troops have been sent and we are not leaving any behind and secondly, we can then choose which other generals to take from a much shorter list.

Finally, many people in my guild do the same adventure over and over again. This idea would save so much time as all what we would need to do would be to fill up our transport generals with the lost troops from the previous adventure then select 'send all' as the generals from said previous adventure will have troops already assigned. That is the case for me anyway.

Basically, I would use this feature. It would save me some time and no chance of leaving troops behind.

Why would sending a transport general back be an annoyance with this idea if you need to send one back anyway to pick up more recruits? Also you can be getting on with the adventure while the transport takes place. So really wasting no time.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 21.01.18 at 17:30.

World
    Newfoundland

The limited landing zone is not the disadvantage of "send all generals" option. If the adventure requires all my generals, I have to send them all no matter what. And, if the adventure requires just a few of generals, I can always manually select them one by one just like right now.

When do I need to "send all generals"? Of course, when I need to send them all. Or, when I need to send most of them. That means, in order to send 20 out of 30 generals, I can select all 30, and deselect 10, instead of selecting 20.

How often do I need to "send all generals"? Almost always. At the moment, I do only Ali Baba and Evil Queen adventures; thus, I always need all my generals. I actually want to ask when you don't need it instead. Because when I buy lootspots of Tailor adventures and higher, I always see people bringing tons of generals.
    Last edited by Syltom1; 21.01.18 at 19:36.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Syltom1 View Post
    Or, when I need to send most of them. That means, in order to send 20 out of 30 generals, I can select all 30, and deselect 10, instead of selecting 20.
    This! The thread name is somewhat misleading. It should be "select/deselect all generals toggle button".

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    All these ideas seem to fit very personal play style. atm the system works for everyone, not ideally, but it does. Personally none of the above ideas would make the game any easier or worse for me to play, just different.

there is a limited number of places a general can land on the adventure thus placing the excess generals in the star menu until required. The odds of having the correct generals ready for use at the start of the adventure would be annoying. You'd have to retrench the ones that have landed just so you can land the correct ones even before you do anything else.
    Just like every ft anyone plays u mean?

huh???

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    The "Send Army" menu needs a complete redesign anyway.
    Just one example, per general 2 lines of space are wasted with:
    "Current mission: waiting
    for orders"
    Well of course he/she is, otherwise he/she wouldn't even appear in the list!

Reply to Thread