Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: storage full ? then move star menu

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Can you tell us all where this is written in game description?

Next suggestion going to be only allowed to have on star one of any sort of buff? Only allowed one of any given building? BB send us a gift and cannot accept because star is maxed for that item? Only allowed one of any type of adventure on star?..Would have saved the devs all that time sorting stacking on star.

For me the star is simply a space onto which overflow goes so that I have a stock to be able to help new members to the guild, to prepare for events etc - I only sell resources in events but then sell at low prices to benefit as many as possible, not just me. If the star system is changed then all that will go out of the window. Incidentally, the assumption on the thread seems to be that players have storages in the millions. I know many who reached 200k for the ''own 200k coins'' quest and have never gone beyond that figure.
    From AMA:
    BB_Alex:
    There is a third issue, and this is the biggest one, for me, personally. The ability to move resources from your storage to the star menu. It's basically limitless storage and works directly against the core gameplay pillar and challenge of an economy building game. The challenge of such a game lies in handling limitations, such as building space or storage. This almost nullifies some of the challenges. In my opinion, even huge sinks won't be as challenging as they should be, because this limitless storage will always work against any sink, regardless of how big it is.
    The question was about things player figured out and di they didn't really anticipate or want.

So yes BB does consider that's not supposed to be like that and that it impacts gameplay but they can't really do much about it now.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    I know many who reached 200k for the ''own 200k coins'' quest and have never gone beyond that figure.
    And how many of them would have done so had this 'exploit' (for lack of a better word) not been available?

I'd wager very few, which would lend credence it working directly against one of the core challenges of economy building.

P.S.
    Thank you Snowblizz for looking that out. I knew I had read it somewhere!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    From AMA:

BB_Alex:
    There is a third issue, and this is the biggest one, for me, personally. The ability to move resources from your storage to the star menu. It's basically limitless storage and works directly against the core gameplay pillar and challenge of an economy building game. The challenge of such a game lies in handling limitations, such as building space or storage. This almost nullifies some of the challenges. In my opinion, even huge sinks won't be as challenging as they should be, because this limitless storage will always work against any sink, regardless of how big it is.

The question was about things player figured out and di they didn't really anticipate or want.

So yes BB does consider that's not supposed to be like that and that it impacts gameplay but they can't really do much about it now.
    This is the personal opinion of one of the community managers, not of the game developers - they have said nothing. Can see this in phrases such as 'for me, personally.', 'In my opinion', that this is an individual viewpoint not necessarily that of the game designers.

If they were to remove this facility from the star menu then there would be an immediate need to add a guild shop to the game. I, among a number of other guild leaders, keep a stock of basic resources sent to me by generous guild members to distribute to new players and/or players who suddenly run out of swords etc and we would need somewhere else to store this.

Reply to Thread