Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: storage full ? then move star menu

World
    Newfoundland

storage full ? then move star menu

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Sometime ago on the test forums one of the devs mentioned a daily tax on resources in star menu as a possible way of stopping this practice.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    yep there seems to be some hangup about stashing items in star. Not sure I understand it, but there it is. Double trade works well. Or if you are like me and many others, 1.7 mill storage on island is enough, i just let stuff stop

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    what doro said doesn;t sound to bad, may cut down on the hoarding.
    I dont really need anything in star as it stays there and i cant actually remember taking any resources out and i certainly dont need 1.7mill storage.
    Last edited by vigabrand; 22.01.18 at 18:33.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Ha, I'll be 105 years old before I get to level 75 and there's little point anyway. (at least until they introduce something that provides a point).
    Everything on the island is level 6 already, no challenge there.
    I even maxxed the pvp, pointless as it is.

The only thing driving me at all these days is gloating over my star stored millions like some kind of latterday settlers version of Smaug. A tax you say? A plague on your tax.

World
    Newfoundland
    Star menu was never meant to be unlimited storage, and the sooner BB find a solution to the misuse, the better.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    Star menu was never meant to be unlimited storage, and the sooner BB find a solution to the misuse, the better.
    That is a seriously complicated subject. And I don't have a really good solution. As a strategy 'purist', your storage in the buildings should be your limit for the items that are supported there. As it stands now past a point of having enough 'on hand' in the buildings to cover short term losses (depending on how often you log in) you can get buy with a tiny amount of storage and just use the star menu. There is no real incentive to balance the economic pace with the storage capacity because it is effectively infinite. Of course I use the star menu myself because I can - but it does take away from a level of strategy (and also changes the trade market balance) that would be more in play if storage was indeed limited.

However introducing any change would cause a lot of problems no matter how it was approached. Forcing players to dump them within a certain amount of time would just flood the market cause a huge depression because of oversupply. Just deleting them would make players go insane. Making a "from now on" policy would seem very unfair to those who had the feature for so many years to build up and then start denying new players the same chance. The latter would probably be the easiest choice to implement though.

No matter how approached some internal game mechanics would have to change. Some items can only go in the star menu. So the code that handles storage overflow would have to be specifically restructured without affecting the code that handles other star menu items.

One possible approach could be to somehow 'penalize' the star menu when a player is using it for standard storage items. A tax? In what - gold coin? The players with millions in their menu probably wouldn't care about some coin unless it was a whole lot. Gems? Wow! - that would get some peoples attention, but I don't know - seems a little drastic. The weekly gem bonus reduced by some percentage base on your building storage vs star menu storage ratio? There could be lots of ways.

In principle I agree that players should not have infinite storage in a game where economic strategy is a major element. But I'm not sure of a good way of phasing it out. Probably if it was decided to be done and given the balance of coding changes and fairness to players, a cutoff date where the feature would not be supported any more - several months in advance - might be the easiest way to go. Players with lots in their star menu could start reducing them by trade and not buffing weak economic areas to run at losses, etc. Or a game feature to trade them with the system for a fixed price so everyone would be on an even footing. Crystals perhaps - for every x of resource y spent from the star menu before the cutoff you get z crystals - just a few of the possible ideas.

Good luck with a solution for this problem if one is indeed warranted.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    There is no solution (there also is no problem imo, but that's another matter).
    Because players would just start storing resources in the mailbox (send to a friend, let him decline, sits in your inbox forever). More cumbersome, but same result. So you would also have to change the mechanism for direct trades...

World
    Newfoundland
    Star menu was never meant to be unlimited storage
    Start menu IS an unlimited storage, if it was not meant to be such it only showcases BBs lack of understanding of what they design.

There is no real incentive to balance the economic pace with the storage capacity because it is effectively infinite.
    The incentive is segmenting the production so that production buildings are as close to the storage house as possible. And after this is done, upgrading the storage houses is just a form of dumping resources you have an abundance of anyway.

Forcing players to dump them within a certain amount of time would just flood the market cause a huge depression because of oversupply.
    Oversupply is the name of this game ever since the only plan for improving the infrastructure was limited to introducing new buildings that produce X times more/ Y times faster of the same resources. In the long run there is no place for a market in a game where everyone has self-suistainable economy producing every resource in game. This in not even tied to how much people have stored in the star menu, but the very core of the game.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Can you tell us all where this is written in game description?

Next suggestion going to be only allowed to have on star one of any sort of buff? Only allowed one of any given building? BB send us a gift and cannot accept because star is maxed for that item? Only allowed one of any type of adventure on star?..Would have saved the devs all that time sorting stacking on star.

For me the star is simply a space onto which overflow goes so that I have a stock to be able to help new members to the guild, to prepare for events etc - I only sell resources in events but then sell at low prices to benefit as many as possible, not just me. If the star system is changed then all that will go out of the window. Incidentally, the assumption on the thread seems to be that players have storages in the millions. I know many who reached 200k for the ''own 200k coins'' quest and have never gone beyond that figure.

Reply to Thread