Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Test Server: New Quest Buff

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by HFoC View Post
    What is the old fashioned way, exactly? A 1% drop chance in explorer search?
    The bottleneck is because they don't want you to be able to grind Excelsior content, take Evil Queen for example, and get all blueprints in 2 weeks.
    The shard stuff enables them to give rewards of less then 1 crystal.
    I agree I'd rather access the evil queen chain through excelsior than rely on explorers, I'll take a wild guess and say the new northern content will probably come through excelsior also so extra crystals even a few will be welcome.

World
    Newfoundland
    The bottleneck is because they don't want you to be able to grind Excelsior content, take Evil Queen for example, and get all blueprints in 2 weeks.
    There are 2 problems with this :

- there should be no reason someone who is dedicated enough (or makes enough sacrifices, however that sounds) couldnt get all of those much faster than now
    - the campaign is relatively unrewarding as it is, gating it behind Excelsior does not change that, it only artificially inflates the time needed to complete it which is completely unnecessary (unless BB has no alternatives of prolonging the lifetime of the game).

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by jcooper View Post
    It seems to me 3 whole quests to get just under 2 crystals is not very balanced at all - if the shards are coming in from other places not so bad I guess.
    Can only get one quest a day so can gain 2 crystals over 3 days? wow, under impressed.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    What is the old fashioned way, exactly? A 1% drop chance in explorer search?
    The shard stuff enables them to give rewards of less then 1 crystal.
    and/or map fragments. Maybe you have had no use of them for so long you have forgotten they exist?
    Bottleneck is because of gems from short letters. Thats why they cant rebalance properly when they add new content in Excelsior. As you visit test server you should know this.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Can only get one quest a day so can gain 2 crystals over 3 days? wow, under impressed.
    Current goal seems to be adding up to 5 quests for a total gain of 20-30 extra crystals a week. For a non premium player that is a significant increase. Also the shards are not supposed to be the main reward of those quests. I think the players wont see it that way but there it is.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    At the moment you can buy the gemstone quest every 23h for 600 beanstalks after level 46 or so. New quests will be added sometime in the future with different tasks and rewards.
    So we're supposed to BUY quests now?

Seriously?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    So we're supposed to BUY quests now?

Seriously?
    people buy lootspots for the sole purpose of getting the mini-quests
    people also buy the letter quests from excelsior

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Did the new version on test and its pretty simple now without whirlwind requirement.

Pros
    It gives free buffs
    It gives free crystals (eventually)
    It paves way for similar quests

Cons
    I might have to run my fairycastle again after all these years

Any new content is good content in my book, just ask the anno players in your guild.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    Current goal seems to be adding up to 5 quests for a total gain of 20-30 extra crystals a week.
    Not sure SS, can only buy one gemstone a day and so far on test I have only ever managed 6/7 shards per quest and need 10 shards to make 1 crystal. Very happy to be wrong (Please, please, please) but don't see us getting 20 crystals a week.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Not sure SS, can only buy one gemstone a day and so far on test I have only ever managed 6/7 shards per quest and need 10 shards to make 1 crystal. Very happy to be wrong (Please, please, please) but don't see us getting 20 crystals a week.
    You need to read again what he said. Also the 20-30 is just an example number and not something that has been planned or confirmed.

Reply to Thread