Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PayPal removal and Voucher

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

PayPal removal and Voucher

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong place...
    I have searched the news and announcements but cannot find any reference to removal of PayPal...

Can I ask, why has PayPal been removed as a payment source..

ALso
    Is there anyone in the UK that actually sells the Settlers online vouchers anymore, I know Sainsbury's and Game stopped selling them in 2017 /2016 respectively

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi...

Looks like they have removed PayPal from the selection process.
    Would be nice if we could have a explanation as to why PayPal is no longer an option.
    I now will no longer be getting gems from the shop,As i prefer using PayPal,Shame really.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Are both of you from UK? because the PayPal option is still available for bunch of other countries.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I am from UK.. PayPal is the only method I use, so now unable to buy Gems anymore

World
    Northisle
    You can buy with PayPal if you select any of the € countries from the drop down menu. I had PayPal also when I selected International from the drop down menu.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    The problem with paying via paypal in euros is that we get charged for them...

Yesterday BB Saqui said they had NOT deliberately removed a payment option and were looking in to it...nothing since. It is my belief it was removed deliberately as there has been no statement about them being sorry for the glitch etc.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Mannerheim..

I am from the uk..
    And to Hi to Durin_d..

If i bought the Most popular Gems 4800 in International I.E Euros it would be costing me and extra £4 + with the difference of euros to uk...
    This is of course at the time of conversion money rates.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hey folks. The issue of the Paypal payment option being missing from the Shop on some regions is a known issue, and we're still looking into it. Please understand that sometimes the issue lies with the payment provider themselves, and we need to wait for them to fix the problem before it can be reinstated.

I'll update this thread with any news, and thank you for your patience.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi BB_Saqui,

Just a quick question but if there is a possible problem with the Payment provider I.E. PayPal,Then why are other regions still using it.
    Kind of an odd one to let other regions still use it.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuWarrior View Post
    Hi BB_Saqui,

Just a quick question but if there is a possible problem with the Payment provider I.E. PayPal,Then why are other regions still using it.
    Kind of an odd one to let other regions still use it.
    Payment provider can prevent payments using a specific currency or location. Not necessary the case here but for example the £ rate is so low that PayPal could lose revenue by allowing payments with that currency. Or the legislation in some country makes it impossible to use it.

Reply to Thread