Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shiny gemstone quests, limitation does not make sense

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Thats the problem with this - trying to balance for different levels. At lvl 47 with intentionally underdeveloped island its probably gonna take me longer than the cooldown to finish. Will take about 3 days if I continue the casual play-style of logging in 1, maybe 2 times a day for 5-15 min.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    i didn't realise what a waste of time this is ....

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    So many ways to improve the game, bring in new gameplay, etc .... this isn't one of them ....

World
    Sandycove
    As far as the cool down I'm apathetic. There is an assortment of things that have cool downs and I take them in stride and just plan for them if/when necessary. I don't have a problem with 24 hour cool downs anyway - it's a long term game.

Now that I've played through it I found it quite simple to finish the quest in a matter of hours without using many buffs to speed things up. So I can see why the daily limit - to avoid a build up of crystals. I would estimate I could do 4 quests in a day if I pushed the buildings more.

I still stand by what I said that the cool down doesn't bother me either way. I'll play the quest on occasion anyway but not necessarily each time it becomes available. I did like it and I'm glad they added it to the game.
    Last edited by Xibor; 20.02.18 at 23:53. Reason: played through it first time
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    well, some of the intermediate rewards are just fine, always enjoy getting a few coins, drill plan, and a rabbit - and 45k xp (if I counted correctly).

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    As far as the cool down I'm apathetic. There is an assortment of things that have cool downs and I take them in stride and just plan for them if/when necessary. I don't have a problem with 24 hour cool downs anyway - it's a long term game.
    Totally agree. The cool down for ROA for example, half the time i forget anyway
    In the short term you might want to run more / faster. But just like every resource in the game, over the weeks and months, you will have many. (its not the only source remember). So I will run it once in a while (if i remember), without wasting buffs and see if after a month i have a useful amount or not.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    seems to me no matter what bb do some ppl always want more!

I have a new daily quest to complete and altho 6 shards isnt a gr8 reward it does bring a small increase to crystals. I really don't see any problem. if you don't like the quest don't buy the gemstone.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    its probably gonna take me longer than the cooldown to finish.
    Its official - didnt make it in 23h. Quadrupled the water prod. If no sleep or quadruple brew also can make under 23h. But cant be bothered.

This quest is great. More xp than I hoped for, cheap to run and make something, use the same something system as players wanted. Shards on top as a bonus. Quick implementation from test to live specially considering changes. Exactly as advertised.
    Last edited by SSSecretSquirrel; 21.02.18 at 16:23.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    Its official - didnt make it in 23h. Quadrupled the water prod. If no sleep or quadruple brew also can make under 23h. But cant be bothered.
    While your commitment is impressive, we would heavily advise not forgoing sleep in order to speed up a quest. Afterall - sleep is like, the best thing ever! :P

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    For me the limitations does not really matter. Dont think I am going to bother anyway a week from now.
    On test the price of the gemstone was 1 fish. If that was the case here the limitation would be fine. Now at that price I guess I will be bored with it in a week or 2.
    I was told on test that the level this was aimed for was 46- 55. That makes sense when it comes to the output of the quest and the difficulty of the quests, but the price does not. I did not have 560 stalks to spent at that level.
    Nice to have something new happening, but I think this is pretty lame. At this steep price the limitation does not really matter - dont think many are prepared to spend 560 stallks to make 0.6 crystal, so 944 stalks to make just one crystal. Have not counted what else you need to spend but the output besides half a crystal is some buffs some at around level 46-50 might need and a little exp.
    Last edited by Urd123; 21.02.18 at 17:59.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread