Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shiny gemstone quests, limitation does not make sense

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    If they had introduced this before general skills it would have made sense. Now however I feel your better of using your star coins to buy a 1 day prem and using it the day before the 7 day log in reward to get more crystals than you can make from this quest.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    If they had introduced this before general skills it would have made sense. Now however I feel your better of using your star coins to buy a 1 day prem and using it the day before the 7 day log in reward to get more crystals than you can make from this quest.
    How do those relate exactly? 1d prem is with a week time lock and costs star coins. The gemstone quest costs stalks and can be bought daily. There are plenty of people with tens or even hundreds of thousands of beans as all 3 major campaigns drop too many of them in loot.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    dont think many are prepared to spend 560 stallks to make 0.6 crystal, so 944 stalks to make just one crystal.
    or to spend something like 60k beanstalks for the crystal equivalent of 1 letter.

or something around 200-300k beanstalks for a single starting aventure of the campaign thats about to come.

A crystal is a crystal, but its worth noting how little a single one is actually worth.

World
    Northisle
    sparkz... You underestimate how many beans many players have nowdays

I'm one that is happy to have a stalk sink for a change... it's not the best, but you should have seen the first version of it that was tested... that one would have caused riots...

Besides it's 50k exp so not the biggest of deals if you don't do it. There are already more ways to get cristals on test so i'm sure BB does not want to overflow the cristal gathering too much already.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    beanstalks can be a prob the get for a lot of players. especially in the lvl range this quest is aimed at. its hard enough to get the beans to make the beanstalks to buy the deeds for each sector on the southern isle let alone all the other things to buy with beans and beanstalks that r far more important than using them to buy this new gem. maybe later once i dont need beans or beanstalks anymore it might be useful to use them to buy the quest. but cant see me wasting precois beanstalks for a while.
    already having to do VLT between 10 and 15 times just to get enough beans to make enough beanstalks to buy 1 sector deed. would be more than double that if it wasnt for my lucky explorers keep finding stadium snacks to use on the fairytale castle to increase the beanstalks beans make. But even then VLT takes about 3 days to do justto get 800 beans and as i need 8500 beanstalks for each sector thats a lot of beans to find just for that. let alone needing the major which costs beans and all other other items needing beans or beanstalks like magnificant residence so u have enough pops to do the addies in the 1st place.

So think ill give it a miss til i can start doing the alli baba addy to get more beans..
    Think the only players that can afford the beanstalks r players over lvl 60.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfas View Post
    sparkz... You underestimate how many beans many players have nowdays
    I got something around 600k beans myself since December, trust me I know

The aim was more to point out how ridiculous the number inflation starts getting..

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    beanstalks can be a prob the get for a lot of players. especially in the lvl range this quest is aimed at. its hard enough to get the beans to make the beanstalks to buy the deeds for each sector on the southern isle let alone all the other things to buy with beans and beanstalks that r far more important than using them to buy this new gem. maybe later once i dont need beans or beanstalks anymore it might be useful to use them to buy the quest. but cant see me wasting precois beanstalks for a while.
    already having to do VLT between 10 and 15 times just to get enough beans to make enough beanstalks to buy 1 sector deed. would be more than double that if it wasnt for my lucky explorers keep finding stadium snacks to use on the fairytale castle to increase the beanstalks beans make. But even then VLT takes about 3 days to do justto get 800 beans and as i need 8500 beanstalks for each sector thats a lot of beans to find just for that. let alone needing the major which costs beans and all other other items needing beans or beanstalks like magnificant residence so u have enough pops to do the addies in the 1st place.

So think ill give it a miss til i can start doing the alli baba addy to get more beans..
    That is exactly my point.. For level above 60 this is a walk in the park- simply boring, and even though they can afford it - the reward is hardly worth the trouble. I was told in discussion on test that it was not aimed for the above 60 - but then the quest miss its target as the level 46- 55 cant afford it.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    That is exactly my point.. For level above 60 this is a walk in the park- simply boring, and even though they can afford it - the reward is hardly worth the trouble. I was told in discussion on test that it was not aimed for the above 60 - but then the quest miss its target as the level 46- 55 cant afford it.
    Well if you read the test you also saw BB saying that its just additional content and no one is forced to buy it. The choice is players. Some people for example don't like to do adventures but they like to trade and buy lootspots. The quest itself does not even require that much effort, just time and the initial cost.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post

Sounds like you are letting all your spots go to waste. Try selling them, 10k per adv buys a lot of beans..
    I dont understand how anyone actively adventuring cannot afford this quest.
    Last edited by EdaImesEtti; 22.02.18 at 23:28.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Well if you read the test you also saw BB saying that its just additional content and no one is forced to buy it. The choice is players. Some people for example don't like to do adventures but they like to trade and buy lootspots. The quest itself does not even require that much effort, just time and the initial cost.
    Yes - it is super expensive for those who might find an improved drill plan and a dama hammer intersting. For me the only remotely interesting reward is the drill plan- I am sure I can get that and more in TO for 560 stalks. Yes no one force anyone to do it. But why make a quest that is too expensive for those who would want to do it - and too easy and too stingy in with the rewards for those who can afford it.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread