Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny gemstone quests, limitation does not make sense

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

Shiny gemstone quests, limitation does not make sense

A new quest buff called "Shiny gemstone" is available in the Epic category within the in-game merchant.
    As this is become a new mini quest available for buy which is good movement to make a usage for beans and beans stalks, the problem that the 1 daily limitation does make sense at all:

Why? because you already getting limitations from quests, you have to wait production to finish, you need to train troops, you need to wait 25 baskets to finish, so the quest already limited.

http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/ques...hiny-gemstone/

I know maybe some think about power leveling but it is not, low levels can barely do 1 quest daily, I doubt about that, and only solution to boost it a little is using gems, which is something BB would like to see, and for high level people, 53K exp is really silly, so even if they do 10 daily (which is still almost impossible to do anyway, or you could do that for 1 day or 2 only), it is 530K and still almost like doing 2 woodcutter with exp boosts and prem.

so, why is this? really 1 shiny gemstone daily does not make any sense, and I don't think it would break crystals balance or even effect it, you get 6 shards daily, and you need 10 for making 1 crystal, so you getting like 4.2 crystals for the week, or 18.25 for 1 month, while your randomness of daily tasks give you more chance than this.

Maybe it will make sense if you make it like 2 hours or a few hours as a cool down time.
    Last edited by TheVictorious; 20.02.18 at 11:20.
    Hello People

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Fully agree - whilst I am delighted that a new feature has been introduced, it is a shame that there are limitations.
    With the cost of buying the quest for beanstalks, it would be nice to have more shards as a reward.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why did not you leave the feedback when it was asked for? too late now.

Anyways there is a long thread about the quest at test with BB replies. In short, this is not the only source for shards. Also you will never get crystals or crystal shards from anything that you could complete without a limitations because crystals = gems.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    It's never too late for feedback! While yes the feature is now live, we'll never turn down constructive criticism from our players. I've moved this to the Suggestion section; let's see where this discussion goes!

World
    Sandycove

Anyways there is a long thread about the quest at test with BB replies. In short, this is not the only source for shards. Also you will never get crystals or crystal shards from anything that you could complete without a limitations because crystals = gems.
    Because I barely login to game, and if it is too late, why do we have discussion, bugs and issues and suggestion forums?
    And as I said, crystal here is not really an issue, you have random chances to get more crystals with ""unfair"" way to get them, as for example, lucky people and premium people always get tons more than normal players (BTW I'm premium), it is just does not make sense.
    Hello People

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Now the mini quest has gone live I have a few points to make. Firstly, thankyou for bringing in something new. Now, I think the cooldown time is a lot, however this mini quest is not something that can be done in 2 minutes like weddings or pandas but a few can be done a day. Either lower the cooldown time or bring out more mini quests that can be bought from the merchant for different resources and for different levels or put this new mini into the rewards from adventures as well as from the merchant. Also would it be a good idea to introduce shards as rewards in the other mini quests. As 4.2 crystals a week is a little low.

If we could have some of the above I think we are on to a winner I believe that this new mini quest is just a taste of what can be done.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 20.02.18 at 12:34.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    The current shard limit is based on a bigger picture. The gemstone is not the only source for the shards in the future. At the same time it is also one of the easiest ones to complete and rewards are good compared to the level you are able to buy it. The quest was a lot more worse originally but BB actually listened and I think we got a decent compromise on the final version

The test forum thread with BB replies is here: https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...crystal-shards

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Also at least with higher level its possible to complete 4-8 of these a day with "ease" so the cooldown is not going a way and probably not even reduced. You could buy several of them in reserve and apply bests buffs to required buildings and complete them in chain.

World
    Sandycove
    Also at least with higher level its possible to complete 4-8 of these a day with "ease" so the cooldown is not going a way and probably not even reduced. You could buy several of them in reserve and apply bests buffs to required buildings and complete them in chain.
    Making baskets taking like 2 hours, produce water maybe easy but still need time, 200R is time consuming, you may say you use buffs, but you can't use expensive buffs for 50K exp all the day! so this is why I said high level might be able to do 10 for 1 day then what? as feedback in general chat it is waste of time actually, personally I will just make it as side quest I do when I do.
    Hello People

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    Making baskets taking like 2 hours, produce water maybe easy but still need time, 200R is time consuming, you may say you use buffs, but you can't use expensive buffs for 50K exp all the day! so this is why I said high level might be able to do 10 for 1 day then what? as feedback in general chat it is waste of time actually, personally I will just make it as side quest I do when I do.
    You can drop a barazek and activate upcoming spring park buff to make the baskets in around 30 minutes, water is like less than 10-15 minutes with an Epic farm and all the watermills buffed, 200R is only 50 minutes with the buff you get from the quest or alternatively 20 minutes with a skunk and recruitment guide or even less with myers. With a good timing by starting the basket production early you could complete one in less than an hour, easily go beyond the 10 count per day you mentioned being nearly impossible.

Also the buffs last over several quests as you can do them in a chain. They buffs are not that expensive and you can take advantage of them by produce something else while waiting the other tasks. High level people could grind shards and xp with little to none effort without effective cooldown.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 20.02.18 at 14:47.

Reply to Thread