Reply to Thread

Thread: Chat channels - merge?

World
    Sandycove

Chat channels - merge?

Specifically global and help...

what is the point in telling noobs to ask for help in help channel when it is dead most of the time, as is g1 lately?

Surely the whole point of the chat channels is for players to chat and help each other? I think these days with a smaller player base, a merger of both channels would be easier moderate, and less daunting for the much needed new players.

Just my opinion. How do others view this, or is there another option?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    +1 from Northisle

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    As a new player whose asked quite number of questions in help recently, I'd say it's OK as it currently stands, in all bar one occasion got timely answers, but then when I posted the same question on the forum that too generated no replies, so I suspect the answer is just unknown.

The problem with merging chats would be the rate at which it scrolls, at the moment, I can ask a question and be confident I can see the answer even if I go afk for a minute or two. Merging might make the answer scroll off the top before it's read.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle

In general not interested in G-1; monitoring and replying in Help - if not answered by others.

Merging two channels with low activity but with different use won't solve the problem with activity.

That's my oppinion.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    There are no plans to merge any of the chat channels at this time. The reason a chat channel exists is to keep the content relevant; a new player may see the help channel and ask for it, whereas veterans who want to help new players can check the channel without having to sift through non-help related topics. Even if the channel has low activity it means that with the introduction of chat history, a player can ask a question and maybe even receive an answer when they log back in. Due to the activity in G1, this just isn't possible.

Just because one channel has low activity, doesn't mean it isn't fulfilling a purpose.

Reply to Thread