Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade Office - Lock gems

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    With this confirmation window in mind, could anyone who mistakenly buys slots explain how they think it could be improved further?
    My thoughts exactly.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by NosajDraw View Post
    You get the almost identical warning message when spending gold coin to get a new slot, if you accidentally hit the wrong button the one word difference in the dialogue box will not stop you. The process of spending gems needs to be different to the process of spending gold coin, it needs to stand out in the mind of the player as "not normal" or "different" and that way players will catch their error.
    Or, the developer's limited time and resources could be better spent on problems that haven't been solved already.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah I agree that this is a non-issue. Even if you manage to click a shiny gem button without looking and then accept a 2nd confirmation by ignoring the text gem cost is only 9. Pretty sure BB does not want to hinder and complicate gem features usage any more than have to by adding even more popups.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by HFoC View Post
    Or, the developer's limited time and resources could be better spent on problems that haven't been solved already.
    That you don't think the issue is important enough for a fix is one thing, but it false to claim it's already been solved, if it was already solved I wouldn't be here asking.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    That you don't think the issue is important enough for a fix is one thing, but it false to claim it's already been solved, if it was already solved I wouldn't be here asking.
    There is nothing they can do to prevent your lack of attention to what you are being told, it does not matter what solutions they put in place the problem will persist because at the end of the day it is your fault which meant you spent gems. The only solution is for you to take more care.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    There is nothing they can do to prevent your lack of attention to what you are being told, it does not matter what solutions they put in place the problem will persist because at the end of the day it is your fault which meant you spent gems. The only solution is for you to take more care.
    wowser dorotheus, we agree for once...lol. as you say no matter how many warnings some get they are always going to simply click fest away. Same people are no doubt the ones wanting to be able to retreat explorers and geos when they send them on the wrong searches.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    I feel this thread has run its course.

World
    Sandycove
    -1 not needed, plenty of warnings and pretty much impossible to accidentally purchase if you read what is on your screen before clicking

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    Some might not even read the confirmation and just click the tick anyway.
    i'm sure i'm not the only 1

The process of spending gems needs to be different to the process of spending gold coin, it needs to stand out in the mind of the player as "not normal" or "different" and that way players will catch their error.

Reply to Thread