Reply to Thread

Thread: Stock change chart

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Stock change chart

It would be nice to have some 7-days chart of changes of stocks, I know there is your total balance for 12 h in economy window, but it includes also consumption of buildings which does not produce resources due to reaching maximal limit so the overall number is not really helpfull.

Also an option to pay quest resources anytime during quest not just after the "production part" is finished (for example any quest of produce/pay horses is literally impossible without sacrificing some cavalery on purpose)

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    put some horses on to for a ridic price or send some to a friend temporarily, this will give u space to make more for a quest.

i know it sounds sad but many players have spreadsheets to cover the type of things u mention. if u have a microsoft account u can use excel for free online. there are also some other good free options around. I'm no expert but i'd be happy to help with some formulas n stuff if needed.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    to deal with maxed storage find an inactive player in ur guild or friends list and send a trade to them. After 8 hrs it cancels and u get the res back. If ur storage is full it goes into ur star menu instead.
    If no inactives to trade with ask a guild member or friend to help by telling them not to accept or decline the trade. then after 8 hrs it cancels and comes back.
    its a good way to prepare for events as u can build up a reserve of everything u need in ur star menu to bring out when needed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    A stock history chart as you suggest existed in the original settlers, it's the one thing I miss more than anything from that venerable game.

However I prefer to have control over when resources are used by quests, I don't like the idea that I will loss X amount of one resource just because I have produced Y amount of a different resource, I may have been planning to use X for something else like building troops. It makes completion of guild quests mandatory as opposed to a option. In my guild unless the guild quest rewards event resources during events I drop the requirement to do guild quests so as to give my members the chance to concentrate on the event.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    A stock history chart as you suggest existed in the original settlers, it's the one thing I miss more than anything from that venerable game.
    Exactly :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    However I prefer to have control over when resources are used by quests, I don't like the idea that I will loss X amount of one resource just because I have produced Y amount of a different resource, I may have been planning to use X for something else like building troops. It makes completion of guild quests mandatory as opposed to a option. In my guild unless the guild quest rewards event resources during events I drop the requirement to do guild quests so as to give my members the chance to concentrate on the event.
    There is probably small misunderstanding, I just want button to "pay resources" to be active for whole duration of quest, so you will be able to pay resources anytime, in the begining, in the middle or even in the end like it is today. (Also it just seems stupid for me, that you can't pay resources even if you have it but you must wait for production of sometimes even completely different resources)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny_cz View Post
    There is probably small misunderstanding, I just want button to "pay resources" to be active for whole duration of quest, so you will be able to pay resources anytime, in the beginning, in the middle or even in the end like it is today. (Also it just seems stupid for me, that you can't pay resources even if you have it but you must wait for production of sometimes even completely different resources)
    That game mechanic is there for a reason. It prevents people from paying but not getting guild coins, because the failed the production part.
    What is wrong with paying afterwards? Or the benefit of paying beforehand?

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    He probably wants the quest to auto-complete, but that needs other changes besides being able to pay upfront.

Also, OP, it's handier to create 2 separate threads for 2 unrelated suggestions like these...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny_cz View Post
    Exactly :-D

There is probably small misunderstanding, I just want button to "pay resources" to be active for whole duration of quest, so you will be able to pay resources anytime, in the begining, in the middle or even in the end like it is today. (Also it just seems stupid for me, that you can't pay resources even if you have it but you must wait for production of sometimes even completely different resources)
    Ah I see, in that case it is a small misunderstanding on my part, as long as the player has control of it then the problems I foresaw don't arise.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread