Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: International Women's Day 2018

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    First off I am sacking my Mayor,I have only two women on my Island and he needs to write it on a piece of paper after all the hard work they do,saying that,then goes and loses it,useless and now he has been sacked and given a bronze sword to go and join Nusala on one of her many 1 person raids..

I love Mary as she brings in great XP but she rarely if ever tastes defeat so I nominate Nusala the lioness of generals who always fights the good fight,first to every battle she contests and does this with only one other troop member, never complains and dusts herself off to do it again a few mins later,she nearly spends as much time in recovery than Jack Wiltshire!..She paths the way for all the showpony men Generals who take all the glory which comes from victory.

Hail Nusala!!
    Last edited by cheethamhill; 09.03.18 at 00:59.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle

Thumbs up

I’d like to nominate Mortallicus who runs our guild Tombstone Warriors (ZOMBI) with Troillus. Mort has an abundance of wonderful qualities and here are just a few of them....

Motivates everyone in the guild with activities, draws, informative e-mails….
    Open minded to new ideas made by members of the guild…..
    Respectful of everyone all the time….
    Thoughtful of others, will keep your island going no matter how long you are gone on vacation, or how often….
    Awesome just because she is!....
    Leadership skills that help keep the guild going with a high number of long time and regular players.
    Loyal, you can always count on Mort to be there for you when needed….
    Imaginative, with so many cool ideas for the guild…but I can’t give away our secrets now…
    Cheerful, never seen Mort in a bad mood and yet looking after a guild of almost 100 can be a pretty taxing affair….
    Understanding of everyone’s personal situation and lives…..
    Savvy with great common sense and good judgement….

A wonderful woman who is quite a character !

World
    Sandycove

Diwata

I would like to nominate Diwata.

She came from a very rural and basic background but she was always determined to succeed. Walking to school each day on dirt roads in rain or shine, studying at night by lantern light, washing her clothes in the stream. She achieved top marks at her school and did the same at university, achieving a bachelors degree in Civil Engineering and again at the very top of her class. She felt that what she could achieve there was limited, so she moved on and chose New Zealand - living on her own - but with three small kids in tow.

Things were not easy at first. She refused to take handouts and instead worked at whatever decent job she could even though some of them were 'beneath her education level'. She wanted to make it on her own, and was always motivated by making sure her kids had clothes, good food and went to private schools.

Finally her faith and effort paid off and she found a very good job at a company in the IT department and was finally earning enough she could afford a house and separate bedrooms for her kids (instead of the 1 bedroom they all had to share before) and life was looking up. She built a portfolio of investment properties and was finally looking toward the future with happiness.

She stumbled upon a rather eccentric programmer known as Xibor which for all his oddities she couldn't help to love him and now they are facing life together. The kids are all on their own now (all very successful themselves from following after their mother's example) and the one child she has to take care of (namely, me) will be enough for her for now - until the grandchildren start showing up.

I couldn't be prouder of her and her commitment to never compromising, never falling to desperate means to survive even though she felt desperate at times, and always keeping her faith that things will work out.

'Anyone can make it if they work hard' is something that she says in assorted ways, and I couldn't agree more.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    So many names come to mind, I'd second almost all of the above nominations, names like NicciNZ, lulu, Kit_, Princess Ally s/be top of anyone's list, as would meggy/Countess_Meg and PennyUK for their selfless contributions to making the game a much better place for everyone.
    But I'd like to honour the memories of two wonderful ladies who have sadly passed, Saraptheold and CaptainSue.
    Those of us who knew Sara still have her on our FL, someone we'd never ever consider removing from it, and CaptainSue sacrificed her own game to allow her husband flukeyuser to keep on playing after sveral massive strokes and a heart attack until he too sadly vanished from the game during the Halloween event in 2016 on Level 49, before her untimely passing a couple of years before him, she still remained in touch and helped us work out ways of communicating with him and carry on enjoying the game which had literally become his life.
    Of course I couldn't leave it without mentioning the legend who has been a part of online Settlers since S3, and shaped this version from the start who also became a very dear friend, BB_Ravel.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I nominate Jumping_Jill from Zulu's as she is our youngest addict to settlers online, and she would love to beat her brother at something.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd like to nominate The_Lady_Red from Ursus guild. She's welcomed a ton of new players, guided them through the first part of the game. She sends out a lot of resources to lower level players in our guild and shares every loot spot for free. She's always there with a kind word and a hug and she's happy to laugh at all my poor jokes. Her kindness has no bounds!

World
    Newfoundland
    To the unsung heroines with no name. Tirelessly working away all day long, churning out reams of simple paper.

If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    RaniLou - my right hand I don't know where I would be without her, Lulu, Maryam, and Starlight always there if someone needs a hand in help or G1.

World
    Newfoundland
    I would nominate AmySafeunderdark. She is a ray of sunshine on the newfoundland server, always friendly, upbeat and funny. She brightens up chat when she appears and always brings a smile to peoples faces. She is also a master of gibberish and we bow to her superior typing ability of this difficult language

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I 2nd this nomination for [TKTs] PrincessAlly. I haven't been with our guild for long, but she has always made me feel welcome there.

Quote Originally Posted by hu3ICE View Post
    I nominate [TKTs] PrincessAlly
    Guild officer, always active, helpful, and very generous toward us, newer players.
    Managing a 100-player guild is no small feat!

Closed Thread