Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: International Women's Day 2018

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

International Women's Day 2018

Women's Day 2018

Dear Settlers,

Today’s a day to celebrate the achievements, contributions and rights of women. Your Mayor has planned an award ceremony to recognise several iconic women originating from your home island. However, something has gone wrong: they’ve lost the list of nominees while they were flustering around dealing with the ever-increasing Nord threat! Not wanting to cancel the event, the Mayor needs your help in recounting the list of nominees from your most trusted opinion.

We’re asking you to nominate a female player or character of “The Settlers Online”; explain to us why they deserve to be nominated for recognition. Writing not your style? We’ll also accept artwork that commemorates your nominee as a suitable entry!

Only one contribution per player. Entries will be closed on Monday, 12th of March, at 23:55 GMT. Rude contributions will not be tolerated and will be subject to immediate moderation.

The Mayor is willing to double today's offering: an additional 2x Manuscript & 1x Tome, for the most original nominations.

Happy Women's Day!
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 08.03.18 at 12:10.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I want to nominate:
    my Courageous Explorer because of her boldness,
    my Interpid Explorer because of her efficiency,
    my Champion Nusala because she'd kill me if I didn't nominate her,
    General Mary Christmas because of her experience and
    my brew master Lady Bavaria because she motivates my settlers to become soldiers and die for the glory of the empire.

As I have to pick one, I go with the brewmaster (brewmistress? - English is lacking here, even the Spanish have a word for that: la cervecera).
    Last edited by Wuselwirbel; 08.03.18 at 11:36.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd like to nominate player NicciNZ. She is always helping out, is approachable, amiable and friendly to all, even the annoying people! She brings qualities of openness and generosity, and all that is good in women.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    [Baz] Graciethecat is the one I want to nominate.

She is my oldest friend in de game. She is always friendly and helping out if she can.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    All women should be nominated. that's why its their day.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd like to nominate all the female members of our wonderful moderating team. Without them the team wouldn't have the balance and harmony we enjoy.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello, I Would like to nominate KMAHO from my guild, The Ashes of Time. Up until a few months ago she did not know how to access the guild chat and even though she was part of our guild, we all presumed she was just not the talkative type. We have now identified what was wrong, and she has become a very good lively and chatty guild member. So glad we did not write her off. The more people we can get talking in guild the better. And she just got to level 50 recently. Well done from all our team

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would like to nominate Kit_. She is the most kind, and very helpful person. She readily helps people in chat regardless of their guild affiliation, and is always there if one needs advice or help with something.
    To cut a short story shorter, she's the nicest person I've met in game.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    as the Mayor of my Island surely I can nominate myself for outstanding leadership? After all I command the armies, bringing glory to my island. My storehouses are well stocked and provision. My settlers have a wonderful life, entertainment may be lacking from time to time but then Bart the bartender does come round.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would nominate Kikx from the AOT guild. This Dutch lady has a debilitating illness which means she has limited movement and power in her limbs yet she still logs on, chats to us and very rarely complains. I am always complaining and moaning while perfectly healthy, so well done kikx!

Closed Thread