Reply to Thread

Thread: Home Island :- Sectors and building placement

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Home Island :- Sectors and building placement

This guide is intended for the new Settler, Level 1 to aprox 21.

In the beginning of a Settlers days on the Home Island, only sector 1 is available for buildings.
    Quests will require certain buildings be erected. Go ahead and plonk them down as you go along.
    In no time at all, sector 2 and sector 4 will be open. Sector 3 will follow.
    Do not build more than is initially required by the early quests. ( level 1 to 17)
    An excellent guide for fresh Settlers is Tutus Guide (Mod Loki2) - https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...346#post290346

Now is the time to plan!

By now, your sector 1, with the Mayors House, will be cluttered with buildings.

Recommendations:

Move or place your pinewood foresters and cutters to just below the cluster of pinewood trees in sector 4, as shown in the image.
    As for farms, that is up to each Settlers preference. Many people move the farms and fields to sector 3.
    It is a good idea to place the Residences at the edges of the island. (Listed as "Nobles" on image).

Pinewood:

Note: Only 6 cutters and 3 foresters needed!

Farms:

Note: Only 12 farms needed!

Buildings:

3 Sawmills (of each type)
    6 Cutters (of each type)
    9 foresters (of each type) [there is an anomaly here! The elderly Settlers will only have 3 foresters of each type]
    12 Farms
    12 Fields
    4 Copper Smelters
    2 Toolmakers
    4 Iron Smelters
    4 Steel Smelters
    1 Gold Smelters
    1 Coinage
    4 Bronze Weaponsmith
    1 Iron Weaponsmith
    1 Steel Weaponsmith
    1 Bowmaker
    1 Longbowmaker
    4 Coking Plants ( get Recycling Manufactory/s when you can)
    3 Bakery
    6 Mills
    2 Stables
    6 Breweries

The following buildings will vary as you level. The fish, meat and sausages are used primarily for making buffs.
    Do not build more than you need!
    Fisherman
    Hunter
    Butcher

There is a special case for cutters and foresters. Place the cutters adjacent to the storehouse. Place the foresters on the outside of the cutter. See the placement image below.

NOTE: It is not necessary to build these numbers from the beginning. Take your time, and add to the numbers as you go. Remember, it is good to upgrade the buildings when you can.

Placement:

It is important to have building placement around a storehouse maximized.

For further information, have a look at this guide - https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/34940-Building-numbers-for-a-good-balance-in-early-stages.

Comments and suggestions are welcome!
    [credit to Settlers Online Wiki and Osettlers for some information and images.)
    http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/homepage/

Cheers!
    CenturionSA - Northisle
    DreySA - Newfounland
    Last edited by CenturionSA; 17.03.18 at 05:14.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    you dont need a field per farm if you do the layout right and have a silo per farm one field is enough

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would suggest that those level 1 - 17 that need silos, approach hades8840

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for the guide, CenturionSA - was a good read!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    FREE SILO WITH EVERY FRIEND REQUEST

For full details send Self Addressed Envelope to:

Hades
    PO Box 8840
    Newfoundland

P.S.
    Really good guide, btw

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    lol funny it is a good guide and yep when you low lvl silos will be a issue but not as bad as it used to be there obtainable during events even if you cant fully partake the good guilds will help you out and i gave all my silos away when i changed to improved ones...another trick if it still works you dont many foresters ...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good Read.
    I like to mention to group all Fishermen together once all Island deposits are empty. Only need to refill one deposit spot.
    The same will apply to Hunters once their Island deposits are empty. Only need to refill one deposit spot.
    Between 5 and 6 can be ok for hardwood.
    Be good to mention that a level 2 building is the same as 2x level 1 buildings and so on.
    I tell new players not to upgrade Residence homes as in a few levels they will be able to get Noble home. These use the same one Licence but you have more settlers living there.
    Good to mention that there is a finite amount of building Licences and to keep aside 6 Licences for copper mines and minimum 5 for gold and iron mines but more needed later as you take over your Island. Once Mine is empty and pulled down you get your Licence back again to build another new again
    Last edited by Hipstir; 17.03.18 at 06:28.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good points Hipstir!
    I have another guide from which I pinched some information.
    Some of your points are covered there, plus more information that will be of benefit to those beyond level 21.
    ( forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/34940-Building-numbers-for-a-good-balance-in-early-stages. )

Comments and suggestions are good!

Cheers!

Reply to Thread