Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: The Volcano!

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    1. iron ratio is 4:1 in regular too so no difference. Platinum smelting change was already announced a couple months ago and will also affect regular plat smelters
    2. yes its not final
    3. keyword forge
    I'll add... It looks AMAZING... and it's not even finished

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    1. iron ratio is 4:1 in regular too so no difference. Platinum smelting change was already announced a couple months ago and will also affect regular plat smelters
    Right... iron is 4:1, and I missed platinum smelting announcement.

I still think all kinds of ore should be processed.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just bear in mind that what you're seeing on the Test Server is a very, very early look! We'll have more information on this feature at a later date.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Just bear in mind that what you're seeing on the Test Server is a very, very early look! We'll have more information on this feature at a later date.
    is that mean it's still need long until it's go live in the server ?

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by pajdo11 View Post
    is that mean it's still need long until it's go live in the server ?
    All I can say is Soon™!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    just looked at the stronghold on test.. 21k brew for a single 4 hour buff buff.? also I had 6 strongholds and its still going to take 4 hours to make 1 buff. I think your figures need revisiting.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by procell View Post
    just looked at the stronghold on test.. 21k brew for a single 4 hour buff buff.? also I had 6 strongholds and its still going to take 4 hours to make 1 buff. I think your figures need revisiting.
    Are you kidding? 21k brew is worth like 200 coins and even with the other stuff the buffs are relatively cheap when compared to rec guide or skunk for example. The buildings are mainly for lvl65+ and the build speed limitation is there to not make the building overpowered. By design you are not supposed to run a +500% speed buff 24/7 but they are still leaving the option for the hardcore players

World
    Newfoundland
    21k brew is worth like 200 coins and even with the other stuff the buffs are relatively cheap when compared to rec guide or skunk for example.
    Only as long as demand does not increase. If a larger group of people starts using the buffs, whether the cost is high or low you will only be able to say in comparison to actual production players can pull off. And if I remember correctly that 20k+ is equivalent to something like 2-3 friarys.

By design you are not supposed to run a +500% speed buff 24/7 but they are still leaving the option for the hardcore players
    The question is : why ?

There is a soft cap on production forced by resource consumption, there is no logical reason why there is an additional production bottleneck, aswell as there is no logical reason why anything BB does to change that bottleneck barely even addresses an issue (considering that +100% buff with a little over 20% uptime barely changes anything with regards to production, and still comes at a cost of probably 1-2 thousands of crystals).

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Only as long as demand does not increase. If a larger group of people starts using the buffs, whether the cost is high or low you will only be able to say in comparison to actual production players can pull off. And if I remember correctly that 20k+ is equivalent to something like 2-3 friarys.
    A lot of people have been producing brew way too much already due the new mini quests. Epic farm alone produces +200k per day with all buffs active and it can do even more when including the upcoming 3x 24h buff and the raise to level 6.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    The question is : why ?

There is a soft cap on production forced by resource consumption, there is no logical reason why there is an additional production bottleneck, aswell as there is no logical reason why anything BB does to change that bottleneck barely even addresses an issue (considering that +100% buff with a little over 20% uptime barely changes anything with regards to production, and still comes at a cost of probably 1-2 thousands of crystals).
    Balance. Stronghold is not the only source for barracks buffs in the game. With all active I think you can have over +1000% increase to speed. This has been gone through at test forums few times but resources are not a good limitation on their own as they can be acquired multiple ways. Production time however is something that you cannot bypass easily as the buildings are behind multiple runs which require crystals and so on. MCC is 70 pieces so 200-300 crystals per run and it can take only few runs to get one Stronghold with resources or as a loot.

World
    Newfoundland
    Balance. Stronghold is not the only source for barracks buffs in the game. With all active I think you can have over +1000% increase to speed. This has been gone through at test forums few times but resources are not a good limitation on their own as they can be acquired multiple ways. Production time however is something that you cannot bypass easily as the buildings are behind multiple runs which require crystals and so on. MCC is 70 pieces so 200-300 crystals per run and it can take only few runs to get one Stronghold with resources or as a loot.
    Ok let me rephrase the question : why it is considered a balance issue ? What kind of actual problem is there in people being able to produce many more units if they happen to be able to afford it ?

Unless of course the main goal of BB here is artificially inflating time one needs to spend playing instead of keeping people online by providing reason for them to actually play.

Look at it from a different perspective : we've already been capable of producing several thousands of recruits every day for few years now, is anyone arguing its actually a problem ? If not, then where is the issue with being able to produce as many mounted swordsmen ?

Reply to Thread