Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Log-in and play issues

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    saqui did aplogise a few times on the facebook page and said a compo package will be sorted out once they know what damage was done and how long the game would be down for....

....Would be nice to find out what the problem was though lol.
    Seen quite a few people logging on this evening asking what on earth went on over the past two days. Many obviously had no clue of what had been said on Facebook/Twitter. I understand that even the BB staff couldn't access the site/forums while the outage was happening and were relying on those channels to get any sort of word out, for which I, for one, am very grateful.

However, now that the site is up and running again, some official word of explanation should be posted here instead of relying on 'Chinese Whispers' as players try to figure out what happened and pass on stories through word of mouth.

It's called Public Relations.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    [rant] To say I'm somewhat peeved about Sundays maintenance is a massive understatement. I just don't understand why any right minded gaming company would schedule an update of any kind during the weekend and the lack of useful information on the homepage and/or maintenance page is inexcusable (not everyone has or can be bothered with twitbook). [/rant]

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you BB for fixing the problem - sorry you have had a mare - glad I can log back in - if other servers were fixed first then no worries just really grateful that we can log back in - hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    No we were not kept informed! Facebook and twitter are useless if people dont even know they exist! Facebook is useless anyway since you have to be logged in to find TSO page.
    Only instruction was to keep refreshing every few minutes. For all we know some poor sod did that all day.

Not upset about the actual downtime. Poop happens.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    So, the game is unavailable Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday and now we have an update with no notice! I mean, considering the record of success in this area, I'm not brimming with confidence...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    No we were not kept informed! Facebook and twitter are useless if people dont even know they exist! Facebook is useless anyway since you have to be logged in to find TSO page.
    Only instruction was to keep refreshing every few minutes. For all we know some poor sod did that all day.

The information on face book was not that great either. Soon is not a very useful time frame. Not when there is then many hours of nothing.I dont know what happened but thinking we all gave our email for some reason. They can sent newsletters now and then so mailing a short info message, with a more clear time frame than soon, would have been helpful.
    I am not normally on face book either - but logged in just to see what was going on, but the info there fist part of day did not stop me from going in and refreshing to see if it was solved. Someone took their time to answer specific posts. That was very thoughtful. I just feel that time would have been spent better, by giving people a more specific time frame, and maybe some idea about what was going on.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianCohen View Post
    [rant] To say I'm somewhat peeved about Sundays maintenance is a massive understatement. I just don't understand why any right minded gaming company would schedule an update of any kind during the weekend and the lack of useful information on the homepage and/or maintenance page is inexcusable (not everyone has or can be bothered with twitbook). [/rant]
    there was no maintenance, scheduled or otherwise. The game and many others run by BB and Ubisoft suffered a major outage. As they could not access the homepage or forum there was no way to inform anyone that way.

I have not got a facebook account and can access the settlers fb page. i have it saved in my bookmarks for the occasion that i cannot access the forum due to the game being down. On the homepage of the game is a little 'f' facebook button, click it and you will get taken there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibirius View Post
    So, the game is unavailable Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday and now we have an update with no notice! I mean, considering the record of success in this area, I'm not brimming with confidence...
    game was down sunday, due to unforseen problems, on monday due to a scheduled maint, and today (tuesday) with a maint that was announced a week ago.

World
    Northisle

From reading all these above posts, there was clearly many poor sods that did try all day, SAD really.
    Last edited by Queue_Jumper; 20.03.18 at 09:45.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good morning folks. The game servers came back up in a rolling restart at approx 18:30 GMT last night - players were let in slowly into each world as to not cause further issues. Today, we have downtime for the scheduled deployment of Change Log 20.03.2018. Servers are due to be back up at 11:00 GMT.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    " players were let in slowly into each world as to not cause further issues"

Maybe next time comunicate this upfront, as now we had players on forum saying that the game was back (for them) while others where still trying and not being able to get in, thinking they got trolled by the ones who could get in....

Reply to Thread