Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Log-in and play issues

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    I have not got a facebook account and can access the settlers fb page. i have it saved in my bookmarks for the occasion that i cannot access the forum due to the game being down. On the homepage of the game is a little 'f' facebook button, click it and you will get taken there.
    That is good info if homepage is available. You can also get the link if you search for the page but there is only login/make account when you go to facebook.com first.
    They should update the emergency maintenance message with links to facebook/twitter if those are their options for communication in such a scenario.

World
    Northisle
    Thank you SAQUI, roughly about a hours time then, great. I'll go and do something else then for a hour.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Queue_Jumper, make that next 3 hours...they just gave a new ETA, not back at 11, but 13 GMT .....

Start: Approx. 07:00 GMT
    End: Approx. 13:00 GMT

World
    Newfoundland
    Fun, fun, fun...
    "Few products escape the CHOAM touch... Logs, donkeys, horses, cows, lumber, dung, sharks, whale fur - the most prosaic and the most exotic... even our poor pundi rice from Caladan. Anything the Guild will transport, the art forms of Ecaz, the machines of Richese and Ix. But all fades before melange." — Duke Leto Atreides, Dune

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    The downtime has been extended to 13:00 GMT - thank you all for your continued patience and understanding!

World
    Newfoundland
    *wanders off to do even more cleaning*
    my house has never looked so tidy

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    The downtime has been extended to 13:00 GMT - thank you all for your continued patience and understanding!
    Thanks for the information Saqui. I hope that the the gremlins are sorted and have not gravitated to your Twitter account. According to Twitter we have to wait till February. I took a screenshot as it appears to be true if repetition is any guide to truth. http://prntscr.com/itpq5f

Toodle pip!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchDuty View Post
    " players were let in slowly into each world as to not cause further issues"

Maybe next time comunicate this upfront, as now we had players on forum saying that the game was back (for them) while others where still trying and not being able to get in, thinking they got trolled by the ones who could get in....
    Yes someone seem to forget that if you are not told when a server is back on- or if you are told that it is back at a specific time, people wast their time trying and it cant surprise anyone that they get annoyed. People have a specific time where they have time to play. And most people can understand that there is problems. The more info they are given the less annoyed they get.
    If I was told Sunday that there was a little chance that we could get on line Sunday evening, but most likely not until Monday evening, I could have used my time differently.
    Cant see any point in putting more info on maint page. I was not able to see that until Monday, many of us just got a blank white page. A mail would have been the best way to communicate the problem in the first place.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchDuty View Post
    Queue_Jumper, make that next 3 hours...they just gave a new ETA, not back at 11, but 13 GMT .....

Start: Approx. 07:00 GMT
    End: Approx. 13:00 GMT
    Dutch_Duty, I thought 1 hour was a bit optimistic, so I left it till now 12.30pm and yes I was right, it's still off and in half a hour they may have got this ETA right.

Oh well another cup of tea won't hurt. LOL

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Just a thought but maybe all islands should stop instantly when maintenance is running or problems with the game, lost a high level salt mine cause couldn't log on to turn it off and islands didnt automatically stop until 24 hrs of inactivity.

Reply to Thread