Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Log-in and play issues

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Something really serious eh!!!

World
    Sandycove
    This doesn't apply to this site, but I've seen similar issues before.

Firstly, BB may not be in a position to post to the forums because they may be having the same problem with it as the game. That being that the database won't let them log in. They certainly wouldn't be able to log into the main page for the same reason.

The last time I saw an issue like this, the website was being hosted elsewhere and the servers themselves was the source. Someone else posted on our guild's FB page that this is affecting multiple websites and not just TSO. That all but confirms my fears that it is the hosting company having an issue with their servers. It could be minor, like a power supply or other piece of equipment failing. Or, there may be an outage in the host's server location, which would mean their ISP would have to fix an issue. Or one of the main hop points the ISP utilizes could be down, which would allow some users to log into the game and forums because their ISP routes differently to the host servers.

The big one that worries me is when a host server's hard drive goes bad. That would require the host to replace the bad drive, then affected websites would have to load from last backup. Since some people are able to log into game (especially those of other languages) and forums, it seems unlikely that is the issue unless the hosting company has TSO spread across multiple server hard drives but who knows.

Short answer is we may not know what the problem was/is until the site is back up.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    from FB The Settlers Online
    15 hrs ·
    Update 22:00 The game will stay offline until tomorrow's maintenance.

World
    Northisle
    Well that means the daily bonus is gone, now i have to start all over again. Everytime there's an update, TSO becomes Buggheaven.

World
    Sandycove
    I'm amazingly lucky that my industrial mines aren't running. My sympathy for anyone who has important buildings that will be lost during this debacle
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    forums have been down as well. BB have been posting updates on twitter and facebook.
    Its a global problem effecting other games as well not just TSO.

All they have said so far is they r aware of the problem and r investigating it. So till they find the fault they cant give us anymore info.
    They have said the game will be down now till after the scheduled update.
    So they might of found the fault and its going to take all night to fix it then they will do the update before turning the game back on again to save taking it offline again. If thats the case then the update might not take as long as they will start work on it as soon as they have fixed the problem that has taken the game down.

They cant say what the compo will be yet as they need to see how long its going to take to find and fix the prob then workout a compo settlement.

BB wil want the game up again ASAP cause while its down they r losing money and players will quit the game.
    Less money from gems being bought. overtime to pay the staff. They might have to buy some things to fix the prob depending on what it is.

Moaning and complaining wont get it fixed faster. So lets let them get on with it for now. then if u want to vent ur anger wait till the game is up and running again lol.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    BB have stated it will not be up before ⚒️ Maintenance ⚒️tomorrow

On Monday, 19.03.2018, an IT infrastructure task impacting the online services may cause disconnections or the game's complete unavailability.
    Time frame: approx. 07:00 GMT - approx. 15:00 GMT
    We will update this post with any details that might arise as the maintenance progresses.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I have problem with conection. Open onlyi forum

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    from facebook game will be down until after the planned maintenance

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitter_Sweet View Post
    from FB The Settlers Online
    15 hrs ·
    Update 22:00 The game will stay offline until tomorrow's maintenance.
    My precious ones! 100 gems... :/

Reply to Thread