Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Level of compensation for outage followed with painful network maintenance/update

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    nobody actually "lost" anything. Its a free to play game, and the island stops production after certain amount of time if no log in. At worst people have lost out on log-in gems and not completing some tasks for free in-game goodies plus some mines.

Prem has been credited in the package along with buffs etc.
    if no one paid - I dont think the game would be here - some does pay something - and I am one of them.
    I compare this to going to the Movies or watching a play in the Theatre. If they cant show any play or movie - they tent to inform the waiting audience - even if it is a free show - and they normally pay the money back also.
    I cant see that it would be that big a deal for BB to give just the amount of gems we normally get from a weeks login bonus - maybe 50 extra to get peoples spirit up - and maybe a day extra prem.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    The only entity that lost anything of physical real value was BB. This probably cost them a lot. Considering the same package would have to go to every player I think it was fine and much appreciated. I get frustrated too but I'm still loyal. It wasn't on purpose (quite the contrary as mentioned it hurt them more than us) so while it upsets my schedule I don't take it personally. And saying a reward/present etc. isn't 'good enough' is rather petty in my opinion.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    if no one paid - I dont think the game would be here - some does pay something - and I am one of them.
    I compare this to going to the Movies or watching a play in the Theatre. If they cant show any play or movie - they tent to inform the waiting audience - even if it is a free show - and they normally pay the money back also.
    I cant see that it would be that big a deal for BB to give just the amount of gems we normally get from a weeks login bonus - maybe 50 extra to get peoples spirit up - and maybe a day extra prem.
    We were given 20 crystals, do some short letters. There's your gems.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 20.03.18 at 20:42.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    We were given 20 crystals, do some short letters. There's your gems.
    I want my login gems - I was not able to login- even though I tried. Cant be that big a mystery - many of us are a bit OCD like - if not I doubt we would be playing. it is the routine among other things - we want things back to normal - we want hour login bonus - one way or another.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Honestly, I am happy to have all my buildings at the same place and same lvl on the island.
    Does the compensation cover my losses after all maintenance - no.
    But that is completely individual and really don't expect from BB to cover it ... and after all why should he.
    Like somebody said, this didn't happen on purpose

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Last time something similar happened we got straight up gems. If I remember correctly it was 100 gems and the outage was shorter.

I bet +200% gem sale would help raise the mood.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    BB seems to have forgotten we lost our 7 day login bonus - 100 gems.

The real loss for all of us was being able to actually play the game.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Angry As expected from BB i was trying back, maybe standing Devil tail

maybe you get your a bit compensation in Crystels with very much luck as you get some Gem Letters? But the the collapese mines with grout/ special event building material are not compensated or special event Mine building but wil be away when empty.

So i do not understand why let you customers happy. Now i remember i stopped playing settlers online, al your return in investment of time is always a waste of time. It wil suddenly taken aways. They killed Anno online.
    I was supprised Settlers online still was doing well.

Down time is not nice but no problem is no buildings disapear for example Forge of Empires. But here it is always the arogance of bluebyte/Like EA too -) Bluebyte Uplay, regualr games, using there stupid server as DRM protection. Were to go to play on the old school without problem games were you did pay for without messing up

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSwingArcus View Post
    maybe you get your a bit compensation in Crystels with very much luck as you get some Gem Letters? But the the collapese mines with grout/ special event building material are not compensated or special event Mine building but wil be away when empty.

So i do not understand why let you customers happy. Now i remember i stopped playing settlers online, al your return in investment of time is always a waste of time. It wil suddenly taken aways. They killed Anno online.
    I was supprised Settlers online still was doing well.

Down time is not nice but no problem is no buildings disapear for example Forge of Empires. But here it is always the arogance of bluebyte/Like EA too -) Bluebyte Uplay, regualr games, using there stupid server as DRM protection. Were to go to play on the old school without problem games were you did pay for without messing up
    Ok mate - cya. Don't let the door hit you in the .....
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    BB seems to have forgotten we lost our 7 day login bonus - 100 gems.

The real loss for all of us was being able to actually play the game.
    Have to say some small annoyance at the loss of gems, but after last year completing my gem pit purchases I've enough to be going on with, and if I really wanted more I could do the short letter quests! As Peajay notes, the real loss is not being able to play ;-)

Reply to Thread