Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Level of compensation for outage followed with painful network maintenance/update

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Very disappointed.
    Thanks to previous unannounced maintenances, 4 of my 5 worlds were on the same daily login schedule and lost gems because of this shambles. Yet not a single gem in compensation.
    The crystals I couldn't care less about, got more than I know what to do with already so that's scant compensation for the other major loss, losing several rounds of explorer searches with a guaranteed return of goods such as Granite, Titanium and EW and probably some Saltpetre, and on average 6-12 adventure maps plus a pile of map frags, not even acknowledged in this "package", nor the loss of an adv just commenced as the servers went down.
    Apart from the two premium days, this is pretty much junk.
    Once again, the lack of information was abysmal, the BBs back at HQ could have posted the German news screen to all worlds quite easily, even untranslated it was clear enough to understand by non-german speakers, and I could have got some much needed sleep instead of continually trying to see if game was back up, it was already daylight before we got the news that these servers were going to be abandoned until after the predicted maintenance, even though both German and French versions had been back up and running for many hours by then, yet on here I was locked out of 1 world for nigh on 48 hours, enough time for game actions to freeze.
    I should not be expected to hang around dodgy sites like Fakebook in the hope of information appearing there when the game screen is quite capable and more convenient.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Newfoundland
    Things go wrong I understand that. Welcome Back !

So I 'lost' this and that. It will be a small glitch in a few weeks, I wont even remember in a few months.
    I been around the game for a while, I know not to keep trying to connect. Just find something else to do and try again the next day.

for example
    I went outside on one of the days! It is very big and scary outside, so i did not stay.

Have a great day

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Very disappointed.
    Thanks to previous unannounced maintenances, 4 of my 5 worlds were on the same daily login schedule and lost gems because of this shambles. Yet not a single gem in compensation.
    The crystals I couldn't care less about, got more than I know what to do with already so that's scant compensation for the other major loss, losing several rounds of explorer searches with a guaranteed return of goods such as Granite, Titanium and EW and probably some Saltpetre, and on average 6-12 adventure maps plus a pile of map frags, not even acknowledged in this "package", nor the loss of an adv just commenced as the servers went down.
    Apart from the two premium days, this is pretty much junk.
    Once again, the lack of information was abysmal, the BBs back at HQ could have posted the German news screen to all worlds quite easily, even untranslated it was clear enough to understand by non-german speakers, and I could have got some much needed sleep instead of continually trying to see if game was back up, it was already daylight before we got the news that these servers were going to be abandoned until after the predicted maintenance, even though both German and French versions had been back up and running for many hours by then, yet on here I was locked out of 1 world for nigh on 48 hours, enough time for game actions to freeze.
    I should not be expected to hang around dodgy sites like Fakebook in the hope of information appearing there when the game screen is quite capable and more convenient.

Maybe you and all the rest of the unhappy people can write to support and list exactly everything that you lost during the downtime, in the hopes that they give it back to you. Yes, the game was down much longer than we would of liked. Yes, we didn't get everything we lost given back to us. They did however give us something, which they didn't have to do. I would just like to say well done to the team for getting the game up and running again.

I seriously cannot believe people are stamping their feet and crying over a game, man up. Things happen in real life that we don't like, deal with it. By the way I missed out on 15 guild coins, I'm devastated. LOL.

New merchant item: a life. Costs 100 gems. Get it, use it, be happy
    Last edited by PELIAS; 21.03.18 at 09:12.

Brotherjon
    Some of the comments on Facebook and the forums for the outage over the last few days have been embarrassing quite frankly. Grown men in their mid fifties for example, complaining about losing a few mines or gems and then complaining further because their compensation isn’t good enough. Keep things in perspective please. Besides, TSO are giving gamers stuff all the time, gems every week, crystals, loot, event currency to buy loads of nice things during events... It’s been a bit of a set back, but it’s not that big a deal.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    Maybe you and all the rest of the unhappy people can write to support and list exactly everything that you lost during the downtime, in the hopes that they give it back to you. Yes, the game was down much longer than we would of liked. Yes, we didn't get everything we lost given back to us. They did however give us something, which they didn't have to do. I would just like to say well done to the team for getting the game up and running again.

I seriously cannot believe people are stamping their feet and crying over a game, man up. Things happen in real life that we don't like, deal with it. By the way I missed out on 15 guild coins, I'm devastated. LOL.

New merchant item: a life. Costs 100 gems. Get it, use it, be happy
    this really made me giggle but i agree with what you said

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherjon View Post
    Some of the comments on Facebook and the forums for the outage over the last few days have been embarrassing quite frankly. Grown men in their mid fifties for example, complaining about losing a few mines or gems and then complaining further because their compensation isn’t good enough. Keep things in perspective please. Besides, TSO are giving gamers stuff all the time, gems every week, crystals, loot, event currency to buy loads of nice things during events... It’s been a bit of a set back, but it’s not that big a deal.
    also agree with this

OK my part

I am happy with the compo we got as a player said in a previous post use the crystals to get gems back on short letters. not only do we get 50 gems per short letter and other things like buffs etc
    I think people are forgetting it wasnt just tso that went down but was other games as well so there had to be a big prob going on at bb/ubi head office somewhere. so there would be possibly millions of players on all different games angry/annoyed etc they couldnt play at the weekend BUT at least the smurfs gave us some stuff as compo which they didnt have to do

I lost mines i lost the weekly login 100 gems etc i even lost 2 days on upgrades that should been finished but they were still left with 2 days to go but to me it is not that much of a big deal the smurfs got the game back up the maintenece on monday was announced weeks before in the changelog anyways so we knew that was coming just the sunday part when game had died for whatever reason was the pain

I found it amusing people saying they had to talk to family or did housework etc instead. and some of the comments on facebook were bad but i was keeping a eye on facebook for updates so i could post in my guilds facebook page if anything had changed. and yes not everyone uses facebook or twitter etc so they didnt know but the game was broke they fixed it they gave us freebies so im happy with that

qawpaw
    Grown men in their mid fifties for example, complaining about losing a few mines or gems and then complaining further because their compensation isn’t good enough.

I am over that age and did not complain

TiTaKa1503
    im happy with the compensation i got except for one thing what i didn´t get and that is 5k star coins what i lost from not getting to the game, that is the final reward of completing pathfinder quests.
    But other than that im very happy.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    To put the "Give stuff " comments into perspective:

Blue Byte is a company- it provides a service and sets it up to be paid for it- in this game by people buying gems. The people buying the gems in the end finance the game and so indirectly "give" all the FTP people the stuff.

For all that pay into the game this package is a joke- for a lot of others is it ok and/or nice and a lot stay silent (but i do see them in guildchat or other forums as they are part of the silent majority on these boards)

Of course there are other/bigger issues in the world- it is all a matter of perception- But to throw that out as a reason to dismiss a complaint or a worry is not evenhanded either. We all play to enjoy ourselves. If the company does things that makes that perception less - it means some will be pushed over an edge (which would come anyway eventually). My main reason is that i want as many people as possible to keep playing and especially keep paying so the game keeps running.

Once the paying part goes too low, the playing part will be heavily impacted

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    To put the "Give stuff " comments into perspective:

Blue Byte is a company- it provides a service and sets it up to be paid for it- in this game by people buying gems. The people buying the gems in the end finance the game and so indirectly "give" all the FTP people the stuff.
    The game does try and direct people to pay but it is a free game. If we had to pay a subscription to play this game than I think the compensation would reflect that. Its a free game, the game broke, they fixed it and we got free stuff.

For all that pay into the game this package is a joke- for a lot of others is it ok and/or nice and a lot stay silent (but i do see them in guildchat or other forums as they are part of the silent majority on these boards)
    Paying for this game is optional. The compensation can always be better but if we were to of received gems then the FTP people would of also received gems. Is that fair in your eyes? Or would you think its a joke that FTP players get gems? We received a gift for the inconvenience of the game unexpectedly breaking. I think in future they should just pay everyone gems and crystals and some other stuff then everyone will be happy. But then again they get people complaining about ind mines etc. It doesn't matter what they do, someone will have an issue.

Of course there are other/bigger issues in the world- it is all a matter of perception- But to throw that out as a reason to dismiss a complaint or a worry is not evenhanded either. We all play to enjoy ourselves. If the company does things that makes that perception less - it means some will be pushed over an edge (which would come anyway eventually). My main reason is that i want as many people as possible to keep playing and especially keep paying so the game keeps running.
    I agree with what you say there but they will never be able to please everyone. I think the best way to deal with it would be to increase the compensation to include gems, crystals, star coins, prem and other treats. And hopefully the majority of the population will be happy.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    im happy with the compo. Didnt lose too much. all but 1 buff was still running. yes had to rebuild a lot of deposits but they would of had to rebuilt even if the game didnt go down. Didnt lose to many res from colonies as they kept going and building up for most of the down time so i collected about 4 lots in 1 go when i got back on.

Kept trying to login to the game but most of the time including the forum i was getting derver unavaliable so couldnt even get into the homepage to check for updates. So simple solution go to the TSO facebook page and there was Saqui giving updates. Not very helpfull as he/she didnt know what was wrong either. All he/she could say was sorry for the outage were investigating and will get the game up again ASAP. it was also stated it wasnt just TSO but lots of other games as well.

Ive had other games go down like that and got no compo no sorry no word at all from the company. some of those outages lasted weeks.

No way to plan for something breaking or going wrong. How about if ur driving along in ur car and it suddenly breaks down with no warning. Is that ur fault cause u should of seen it was going to happen and fixed it before it broke. nope unless u can see into the future u cant plan for some things. Its called real life just get on with it.
    Somethings r just beyond the control of the staff. They kept us informed through facebook and twitter the best they could as they were unable to get into the homepage or forums to put updates on there. They couldnt say how long the game will be down for till they found out what the problem was. With so many games down they would of had to check every server and every cable and contact their ISP to see if the problem was that end.

Ive had other games go down cause it was the ISP they were using that had the prob not the game servers. Ive had my ISP go down a few times cause the company they rent the line from had a problem. There has been times when the internet for the entire world went down cause the cisco servers went down. That was due to the US govt testing its EMP beam weapons. Its also why the USA get so many brown outs lol.

Reply to Thread