View Poll Results: What's your impression on the Easter Event 2018?

Voters
300. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am happy with the Seasonal Adventures selection

129 43.00%
  • I am glad to see the Easter Basket available again as Achievement building

182 60.67%
  • I think the Iron-Willed Geologist is useful

222 74.00%
  • I am happy with the current design and function of the Spring Park

63 21.00%
  • Overall, I am satisfied with the Easter Event

190 63.33%
  • I am not happy with the Seasonal Adventures selection

50 16.67%
  • I am not glad to see the Easter Basket available again as Achievement building

23 7.67%
  • I don't think the Iron-Willed Geologist is any good

19 6.33%
  • I am not happy with the current design and function of the Spring Park

132 44.00%
  • Overall, I am not satisfied with the Easter Event

32 10.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Easter Event 2018

World
    Sandycove
    You want an opinion? Meh is my opinion. Lack of imagination. What is the point of adding stuff when the basic running of the game is left broken. Freeze/refresh/ freeze refresh. News flash it's broken and what is worse you are not responding to the issue!
    It might well be that as the player base is predominately made up of old and somewhat addicted players, who lets face it have become hardened to the many, oh so many bugs and work-a-rounds that this game has required over the years. And they probably are making the constant refreshing as part of the game, suffering in silence, to keep their fix. But do you really think that any new player, which the game really needs, are going to tolerate this constant refreshing? News flash they are not, I watch their lights go out quicker and quicker these days!
    How did you manage to mess up the start, so badly.....again? How many years and events have you had to get it right for once? What happened to the bridge to PC island? You fix one thing and break another....again and again and again!
    The seasonal adventures....you really have not grasped or heard what the players have been telling you over the years. Adding a few extra eggs to the least played adventures does not rectify the basic problems with those adventures...they are just not balanced to what the players want in the game or see as good value against time and resources. You added the venture system to address this, then come events you exclude them from the event resources ! Give me strength !
    In total I did about three days adventuring before the freeze refresh issue drove me mad, even the Easter island ones became an irritant because of this.So my Easter event has been all about what I could do on the home island. Whoopee, find collectibles and send out legions of scouts and explorers and keep an eye on trade....pretty much all non event tasks....so in summary not much of an event for me at all.
    The spring park, well I already said in my opinion the cooldown is too long. Good grief a buff to find collectibles.... what else do I have to look forward to if you take that away? The iron geo's finding larger deposits which cuts down on refinding time is the only thing that got my interest...shame at this stage in the game I don't really need them like I did before 60. ( Or should that be before I was forced to stop adventuring ;( )
    Free buildings, are welcome, and nice, but are nothing new, so don't expect me to give the devs a pat on the back for these. And with the repeat of the Easter basket with not even a face lift to make it unique to this year, well like I said right at the beginning...MEH!
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Overall I am happy with this years Easter event. However there is one thing that I think needs looking into and that is the amount of eggs given out as rewards from certain adventures. The x2 loot on the event adventures is good, don't get me wrong. I just think that there is a lack of community play with the selection. One of the best adventures to do is traitors which is a 1 player. I, myself have been doing bandits nest which again is a 1 player. I know that the co-op adventures have x2 loot but the lack of good loot and a good amount of eggs turns people away.

There are a few multi-player adventures but they are not very event practical, either they take too long and/or have heavy troop losses. I understand that you just can't give a shed load of eggs away for completing the easiest of adventures but I think increasing the amount of eggs on a few of the more popular multi-player adventures could go a long away into increasing the community spirit and also bring lower level players into the game a bit more. In my guild we like to share our lootspots for free within the guild so everyone has a fair chance at the event.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    The idea is great as the other new coming buildings. But if you want to improve their productivity you have to build a new one and consume precious space. What? Until now the productive buildings have levels. Why has it changed? Why don't they have levels?
    Why did you give us the lvl 6 and the archipelago? It was said to get more space. Is it not valid anymore? In this case forget all of the levels and change the whole game to levelless buildings.
    Last edited by SuhiTomi; 10.04.18 at 15:24.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    If you took the time to read and reply to this thread you would see why a fair few are not happy with the event:

forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/35812-Where-do-Easter-Eggs-Come-From-achievement

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Well inspite of most others having a rant, I am pretty happy with the event. Iron geo are very good and I realy needed them. Extra MMA is always a bonus as I am still not at elite troops, and the extra explorers help with the egg collecting.
    Not sure about the new buf building as I dont have that (yet) but will aim for it anyway as it is a building block for these in the future.
    It did feel like it was more difficult to get eggs than last year but overall it was good - even if doing lots of traitors was tedious , but that was my choice.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I just play events. This is an event, no place to put new buildings, island and peninsula's are full. Not sure if I play next event if there is no point in getting new stuff that cannot be placed.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jubuti View Post
    i got the building too, but is not very usefull as it is

Walpurgis nights shoud cost 1 magic bean not 100 if you want us to use it
    cooldow of building shoud expire when buff expires not after 2 days ... is stupid, this way i'll forget i even have the building

if you make Walpurgis nights 1 bean and colldow of building expires after 5 minutes as that how much buff lasts, then i'll probably useit ... i have many buildings and is hard to find colectables for me ... i have glasses too )

i recomand adding a buff to speed up making of books ... but eaither make the buff last 2 days or change cooldown of building to how long the buff lasts ... as i sead before.

So this is what i think ... hope it helps
    I did not bought the building i read carefully a lot of post and read that MMA general was the most value, all it were post from 2016/2017 But after a few year Anno online i am back because they did take down Anno online. I like the event lots of stuff to get.

Buidling was no value if you not had bought a lot event beduildings in previous events. because then the buff was a big bonus now it did not add something. I like the Geolist too. He is i gues good value for money you can trade now some Iron mines for houses. So the first time i had the milestone of 3000 settler army

with maybe 2015 or before in mind, The search for egg was less difficut and frustrating with this beatifull big turqouise sky blue eggs. I like them instead of the very very little tinye eggbasket before.

as sad in earlier post , feedback, i found a little frustrating to do high lv Secundary ?Seculed adventure lv9 you have 10 days but then it is blocking your Easter questline. So only adventure done in a day or less will be value for money. Thats is sad too if you want diversity and not repeating gameplay. High lv adventures are too not real value for money maybe for Lv 75+ player but then i think it would be to costly to fight boses. loses you need to replace/recources you lost and the egg are not enough value for loss of recources.
    Last edited by RedSwingArcus; 10.04.18 at 17:00. Reason: ad brain wave

World
    Newfoundland
    2 weeks of sending out max # of skilled explorers and still 10k eggs short. I am dissapoint. Notice gran is full dump all on TO. Event done. Who needs adventuring
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I just want to say that I'm very happy to get some items of the long list of possible rewards available in the merchant menu.
    Keep up the good work folks and I will be looking forward to next years event

minoreva
    Love extra mma-vet and mod gen

Love both explorers

Love the 2 new geos

Love egg roll buff and all the other things I bought in easter shop

I have run traitors nonstop and thats fine for me (dislike co ops and never buy/sell lootspots anyway)

For me this event has run fine almost every day since the bad start with downtime. Only issue so far was today (woke up to a glitch/bug with 15 mma-fixed itself somehow,so all good again)

What I dislike is a 2.easter basket-I would have loved a new building with same pop/quest (maybe like the one from test earlier)

all in all a good event,can be even better with a few changes

Reply to Thread