View Poll Results: What's your impression on the Easter Event 2018?

Voters
300. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am happy with the Seasonal Adventures selection

129 43.00%
  • I am glad to see the Easter Basket available again as Achievement building

182 60.67%
  • I think the Iron-Willed Geologist is useful

222 74.00%
  • I am happy with the current design and function of the Spring Park

63 21.00%
  • Overall, I am satisfied with the Easter Event

190 63.33%
  • I am not happy with the Seasonal Adventures selection

50 16.67%
  • I am not glad to see the Easter Basket available again as Achievement building

23 7.67%
  • I don't think the Iron-Willed Geologist is any good

19 6.33%
  • I am not happy with the current design and function of the Spring Park

132 44.00%
  • Overall, I am not satisfied with the Easter Event

32 10.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Easter Event 2018

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    In the times of the great BK everyone was forced to work together. LS was frowned upon and now we got this thelonersonline.com. Better? For the game? No. For me as a loner yeah, sure.

World
    Sandycove
    Please remember, that criticism of the event is to ensure that the devs look again at what they produced and hopefully correct those `mistakes' for future events. Those labeling the critical players as `whiners' will do well to remember that the changes to the adventure loot/event resources, and in particular the 0 event resource drop were very much made because those `whining' made their point.
    We all play the game differently ( that is of course, you are able to play all aspects of the game, cough ) The selling of loot spots to `help' or interact with other players is a large part of the game for some, but not all. Others will offer fish trades or just gift items or buildings to pass on either unwanted or surplus to requirement buildings/resources to low level players that might appreciate it. However I do side with the devs for limiting event resources to those adventures which are capable of farming and ls selling, simply because they have the dubious task of balancing those resources across the entire server. I am sure by now they have seen the data of how players can farm certain adventures over the time of the event and therefore predict the impact of having those resources in game. I think the seasonal adventures were a sticking plaster solution to the more complex solution of re-balancing the adventure loot over all. As such it will never cure the problem which would make many more playable adventures across the whole range of players levels, inside and outside events. Asking this may well be a `whine' to far, as its been whined across the forum on many occasions. Even if they are unable or unwilling to make the changes and continue to turn a deaf ear, it won't stop me making the point again and again. The devs don't deserve to get an `Awesome' gold star for mediocre work, well not from me at least
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    I am sure by now they have seen the data of how players can farm certain adventures over the time of the event and therefore predict the impact of having those resources in game.
    They didnt do any such thing for normal adventures, so what makes you think it will be different for seasonal ones ?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Love the iron willed geo, and nice to have the chance to get the courageous explorer and a vet gen again. I got the spring park but think it's expensive to use and why the 2 day cooldown when the footie pitch has 24 hours? Overall I'm always happy with events as it's nice to just have something to aim for, but I do feel we could use more quests. The 5 day chains are good but higher levels complete them pretty quickly leaving nothing else to do. The same applies to the Christmas event so maybe just a few more things to do please

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Iron willed geo and spring park really great idear. Basket not bad but already a lot of living space building in the game. Thought the university was better.

Seasonal adventures are a great idear, but i still feel that a little bit more choice with comparable amount of easter egg gain would be nice. Can't see traitors anymore...

My biggest problem with easter is that the easter shop is really cramped, with really a lot to buy. Especially with a lot you can't buy at all outside of this event ! Why is that a problem ? Well during haloween i have almost everything i really want after 1 week and during easter i run and run adventures just to get a bit short after 3 weeks. Isn't it possible to redistribute a bit the shops between events? I mean compare "mma, mod and vet" with "drac and reaper", and "iron willed geo, 2 explorers" with 1 "conscientious geo". Or move some stuff to the summer event i was hopping for last year.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    More worrying than the result of the vote is how few have voted.....currently under 280...

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Normally, the Easter event is done really well, with plenty on offer and a lot of co-operation with the community to get as many eggs as possible. Sadly this year, solo play was rewarded most of all, the achievements were as bugged as ever with no fix in sight and the lack of community team work left many of us demotivated for this event.

Perhaps its time to recruit someone to fix bugs?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    The main issues i have with the event are:

- very few changes from the previous events, for players that have played a fairly long time it is less interesting
    - The egg droprate is far too big from the bonus adventures/adventures- For all willing to grind the adventures, the eggs come in too large a quantity- This is inherent to events with a large adventure dependency which makes the event a bit too easy to run/complete

The egg bonanza is a nice to have but if it comes too easy i dont think it is good from a gaming perspective, it ends up more of a handout with limited effort instead of a focus to get the results.

The nice things were that a lot of newer players got a good general from the event, which makes life easier for them. I also enjoyed that the pvp/colony part was included again (in a small way) I think that part of the game should get more attention in future events especially with a lot of players now focusing on pvp due to the (finally) decent reward in the water castle.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    It seems somewhat odd that the eggs awarded for adventures mean that the only adventure worth doing is Traitors.

With Nusala, Vargus, Anslem, 4 MMAs and blocks I could do one Traitors approx every 45 minutes (15 mins there, 15 mins to do, and 15 mins back)

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you for all the additional feedback, folks! We've closed the poll now that the event is winding down, but don't hesitate to leave more of your thoughts!

Reply to Thread