Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spring Park - feeling ripped off

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Spring Park - feeling ripped off

So this is my first event, and I managed to get nearly 8000 eggs, and was looking forward to getting some nice goodies.

I spent ages looking at the market, and the Trade Office and eventually decided I would buy a Spring Park, it looked interesting and I heard some members of my guild say how great it was.

And then I deployed it.

What a pile of useless junk! Expensive, useless junk!

OK so if my island was brimming with "improved" this and that, then sure it would be worthwhile, but I have nothing "improved" of any sort. I don't have an RPH... so it only function to me is to turn 100 magic beans into a Fairy Lights buff?!?!?!

Upset and unhappy, next time BB make a description that actually warns players what it is they are buying.

Please watch the language
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 13.04.18 at 21:51.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,
    As this is your first event (congrats on already having magic beans even though this is needed and acquired at a much more advanced level than you probably are, otherwise it wouldn't be your first event), please be aware the devs always give us a diary of the upcoming event, describing the hows and whatnots:
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...683#post340683
    The "Buildings" part is the one you would like to read about the Spring Park.
    As for the very personal "rip off" feeling, only you decided to go for it and nobody forced you to purchase it.
    What works for one, might not for another as we all play the game in a similar but yet different manner, foremost because of level matters.
    This building might become useful in the future or might not, but at least now that you got one, you might not regret it if its features improve in the future.
    Last edited by Elco; 13.04.18 at 21:09.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Are you in a Guild? If you are not, perhaps you should join one. Our Guild always gives newbies good advice on what to buy (& helps out with extra eggs etc). I'm also underwhelmed by the Spring Park but it does help once you have an RPH. You'll get there soon. Good luck.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah it might seem a dumb building now for a new player but when you get improved buildings from trade or next events it will help. It works for the regular prov house too and you will get the RPH from the Christmas event.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Really?
    Didnt you look anywhere on the web? eg here: http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/even...er-event-2018/

I need to agree, Spring Park is useless piece of junk also to me.
    My island is perfectly balanced and I would not take any benefits from it.
    And highlighting collectibles with magic bean is a waste.

If it is possible, try to sell it!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    absolutly sure you make bad deal

World
    Sandycove
    I like the building and I'm glad I got it. Any feelings of getting "ripped off" are idiotic - you got exactly what you paid for. The explanation of the building was clear and so was the cost. Next time, think more before you purchase.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Once you have RPH building Manuscripts, it's a great building. You won't regret it in the future.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    i didnt even bother to get it. I could still get it if i wanted it but my priority is to give the eggs i have to guildies that havnt got the MMA yet which should of been the 1st thing to get for lower lvl players. Even if u already have an MMA u bought or from last easter always good to get more as u can never have too many gens. the alli baba addy needs a lot of gens. the young woodcutter for example needs 24 MMA. As u can only buy 8 from the merchant getting the extra 1 at easter always helps.
    in my opinion the spring park would be the last item on the list to get. 1st should be the MMA then couragious explorer to find eggs faster and find double res on treasure searches then intrepid explorer to find double addy on addy searches then floating residences.(pop limit increase).

World
    Sandycove
    I agree with HFoC, the cooldown is a bit dodgy but the building/buffs will be handy to you as you progress in the game so don't regret it yet

Reply to Thread