Reply to Thread

Thread: Trading

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Trading

I think it would be really useful, especially to new players to have some kind of indication whether offers/demands are fair or not

For instance, when you place an offer that's very unfair, ie, offer 100 fish, demand 100 marble one star shows up against the trade in the Trade office.
    If it's a fair deal, two stars show up.
    If it's a generous deal (if, for example you're keen to get the goods quickly and can afford to offer a very good price) three stars show up.

Any thoughts about this?

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Assume as a rule that every offer in TO is unfair. Job done.

qawpaw
    to have been dead for years

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Actually BB prefers TO to be _not_ transparent, to allow "trader" as a gameplay style:

BB_Alex: Prices for goods and items change based on the current status of the economy and content. Having a price guide requires the need to keep it up to date. This includes collecting the data from all servers, since those do differ already and define a price taking all this data into account. All this on a weekly maybe monthly basis. A purchase in the trade office is your personal decision, and we don't want to take it away from you or to influence your decision by releasing a price guide. Checking the market, analysing it, optimizing your economy based on the learnings and benefit from your strategy should be rewards for the time invested into this. You could say it's one side of the game and part of the TSO experience. Besides that, we would like to invest our resources into creating interesting content and bring some small nice additions to the game.
    (AMA Q165)

Like Squirrel said, assume 95% of offers are bad, ask in guild or ask price check...

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I suggest putting up your own counter-offer in TO. There are some areas where prices are ok in TO. Usually it happens where there is a lot of competition.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I just look for lowest price someone is selling for and match or go under that offer.
    If i dont ask for a price check if no offers up i tend to ask low prices for other things if they fly out odds are price to low but if they hang around they are probably to high

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you want to buy an item, when its possible look at what the lowest selling price is then look at what the highest offer price is then the right price is somewhere in between those two prices. Over time you will be able to learn how much things should be sold or bought for in TO. But prices can fluctuate over time so its best to follow that curve.

If you want to sell an item make your offer competitive.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    first : check the "Deals i can't afford" lots of information about prices hidden there for new players (which should actually be checked by default in my opinion, or at least not hidden like at the moment)

second: tsomaps trys to keep track of current prices, check it out:
    https://en.tsomaps.com/price/

third : ask a price check in trade channel

forth : ask in guild chat

PS: remember, the offers on trade office are the one noone wanted
    Last edited by Aliblabla; 05.05.18 at 08:47.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    If the UI changes currently at test go live it wont be hidden any more.
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

Reply to Thread