Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Daylight savings time

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    it would be less confusing if BB stuck to GMT time all the time and forgot about using daylight savings time as every country switches on diff days and some dont switch at all. As far as i can see even some states in the USA dont use daylight savings and use the same time all year round.
    Frankly i think daylight saving time should be stopped as its no longer needed and just confuses a lot of ppl.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    they seem to think that the end time originally posted was the right one though :P

TiTaKa1503
    Best way to stop using daylight saving is to move clocks half an hour so it would not be too far from each and keep it there

TiTaKa1503
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    they seem to think that the end time originally posted was the right one though :P
    Still 20 mins for 11 bst time the new maintainence ending time, the first time was 12bst

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    it would be less confusing if BB stuck to GMT time all the time and forgot about using daylight savings time as every country switches on diff days and some dont switch at all.
    I totally aggree.
    All times should be posted as GMT (UTC) as this is server time; then for players (and DEVs) to adapt to local time zones, Daylight Saving or not

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by OleGit View Post
    Could be time to concentrate on Civ VI from now on.
    You mean Civ IV right? Thats what all the cool olegits are playing..

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    And here we are again, unable to set things up before I go to work. I wonder if anyone can tell me when the last update actually went according to plan?

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibirius View Post
    And here we are again, unable to set things up before I go to work. I wonder if anyone can tell me when the last update actually went according to plan?
    There was a planned network and database maintenance from 01:00 - 07:00 BST. Nothing related to the update and notice was provided on the homepage and other channels.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Sorry, maintenance not update, still not done by 7am tho was it?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I have seen this problem on many other MMORPGs.

imho, by far the best solution is to have a "Game Time".
    Not a server time or a time based on the current time in the time zone of most of the players, no. A Game Time.
    This time will be used ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE that a reference to the time is required.
    a chat command can query this time and players will adjust their brains accordingly.

Reply to Thread