Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moving Day

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    At level 60 players should have the economy to pay the resources for moving buildings anyway, part of the game.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    sounds like a good idea
    but last week I was bored i ran out of gold coins twice on sandy hehehe but I moved my entire island around and took some more mag res down to gain some space.
    all for the grand total of over 300kgc and i lost count on how much marble.
    lesson learned tho do not move level 5 gold chain or level 6 powder huts etc the cost a fortune
    so i am again gold coin wise poor in the game at level 66 lol however at our level we could by rights make them back no problem the amount of resources most of us would probably have available to sell

World
    Sandycove
    Since the ability to move a building is always available a 'free move day' could be considered the same as a 'free level up building' day or something similar. If you want to do it, pay for it.

I have suggested some tooling to help make moving easier i.e. a way to overlay a 'grid' of some kind showing what areas can be built upon regardless of what might be there. As it stands now if I'm considering rearranging an area it's hard because if I use 'move' to see if a building would fit it doesn't necessary show me if it would fit if I moved the other buildings out first. A map grid would be very helpful.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i cant be bothered to collect resources for troops, can we have a free xp day so i dont have to do any advs?

we could log in and get 1 free lvl for every hour spent in settlers

World
    Sandycove

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    i cant be bothered to collect resources for troops, can we have a free xp day so i dont have to do any advs?

we could log in and get 1 free lvl for every hour spent in settlers

I did have a thought about the logistics of moving buildings. Is there any way a building could be moved 'just a little'? Meaning if I notice that for whatever reason a building could be moved over just a square I can't do that - I have to move the building somewhere else then move it back. It would be nice that when you click a building to move that the space it currently occupies could be considered free so that the new position could overlay what used to be the old position. I don't mind paying the cost of a move - I just don't like moving it twice to make a slight adjustment.
    Last edited by Xibor; 08.05.18 at 21:32.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by kke2100 View Post
    At level 60 players should have the economy to pay the resources for moving buildings anyway, part of the game.
    Agreed. Just move you stuff and be done with it.

World
    Newfoundland

Urban Reconstruction

I know we've been told that we won't get another free move day unless something radical happens to the geography of our island, but how about a compromise.

A recipe for the RPH that allows a buff which enables free relocation of buildings for a short while - let's say an hour. Obviously, the cost of producing the buff would need to be carefully looked at.

I'm guessing that most of the people that would want to use it in earnest would be of higher levels, and I would think there could be a cooldown period built in too, to stop it being abused too much.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Nothing is free in this game, so why should moving your buildings around be any different?

World
    Sandycove
    well thats true, but advice is free :P

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgy View Post
    Nothing is free in this game, so why should moving your buildings around be any different?
    Apart from the fact that I'm not suggesting it be free, but at the cost (to be defined) of a buff, the amount of building shuffling that is going to be needed by anyone who wants to get anything like a remotely efficient Christmas Market is going to be horrendous.

Speaking personally, to actively place it in positions that have been suggested in the thread on the topic, I'm going to have to physically demolish literally dozens of buildings. I physically don't have any spare space at the moment (if I want to do PvP, I literally have to move the marshalls from my star menu 1 at a time to load and send, because all other spaces are taken...)

Reply to Thread