Closed Thread

Thread: Hourglass

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove

Hourglass

I use Chrome. I'm having problems with the game getting stuck on the hour glass. It happens particularly when I buy something from Trade & sometimes I have to log in & out to get past it. On generals it happens especially when I change to elite troops. Sometimes I just can't change which is a nuisance if you've only one general of that type. Other times, if I close the choose troops screen & wait a moment, I find I have the right troops.
    It started during the Easter event & I put it down to heavy use of the server but the problem is getting worse, not better.
    Has anyone any suggestions? I have fast broadband & am not having problems accessing the internet except for Settlers.
    The other thing I should say is that my generals slow down & speed up a lot. Very marked when I'm using horseshoes.
    Last edited by Rosejane; 07.05.18 at 17:12. Reason: Missed something out

World
    Sandycove
    I don't have any suggestions because it happens to me to. Typically what I was trying to do actually happened but my computer didn't get the message. So for example when changing troops and clicking the green check mark and seeing it pause for a few seconds I just close the general and re-open it and everything is as it should be. Most of the time that works.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    its not a new problem. ive been getting it since last year. Most of the glitches r caused by flash player as its not compatable with a lot of browsers anymore.

Chrome, firefox and edge have switched away from flash and r now using webassembly instead which can cause glitches with flash player as those browsers no longer support flash. even the slim browser which is chrome but with al the security features removed BB recomends ppl using has started to block flash. windows and mac will be blocking it sometime over the next 12 months in an update to remove flash from all systems.
    I use palemoon which still supports flash but even that is having trouble with flash keep crashing and constantly getting the hr glass.

Another prob might be RAM not fast enough or not enough RAM or having more than 1 tab open in the browser as flash seems incapable of multi tasking. So check on the processes u have running as u might have flash open for several things and it cant cope and crashes.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Having blamed everything except our internet connection, we started have problems with other applications. I called out Virgin (our broadband supplier) & the engineer found faults in the router, the connection from the road to the house & the connection from the house to the router. The speed now exceeds what we nominally pay for & it feels like we have a new PC. Wish I'd done that months ago. It is easy to miss a slow deterioration.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Excellent news, Rosejane. Thanks for keeping us informed.
    I will close this thread now.

Closed Thread