Reply to Thread

Thread: mini quest steak buffing

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

mini quest steak buffing

I know I addressed this in the news feedback thread already, but I wanted to make it an official suggestion if I can...

I don't understand why we have to buff ONLY ourselves for the new quests. It decreases the level of cooperation and interaction required for the game, something which is vital to the success of TSO. And it only adds challenge in the form of wasteful inconvenience since we are often just burning steaks on whatever sleeping/unused buildings we have available when the quest requires.

My suggested solution is simple: Just allow buffing of yourself OR others to complete these parts of the quest. This allows many other useful options that could help other players while helping ourselves. And it would allow us to actually use steaks to their full potential.

It would be great if BB could explain their reasoning behind this, because I honestly can't see a single good reason for this choice. It's a drag!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Self buffing requires only 39.0625% as many buildings to be buffed.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks but we already went through this on the feedback thread, and that's really not my point at all.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    am 100% agree, for me this is too annoying too cuz to complete the quest i buff buildings that i don't nead them or even sleep buildings but maybe to change it for 50buff to frind island would be more acceptable or at least use other small buff like irmas basket insted of steaks

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by pajdo11 View Post
    am 100% agree, for me this is too annoying too cuz to complete the quest i buff buildings that i don't nead them or even sleep buildings but maybe to change it for 50buff to frind island would be more acceptable or at least use other small buff like irmas basket insted of steaks
    It depends on how much a hurry you are in. I use steaks on a regular basis for mines and quarries and such - so I just take my time and use the buffs as I normally would (plus maybe a few I never buff like homesteads) and voila - quest step done after a bit of time. If you need to hurry hurry hurry then it's your own choice if you buff buildings your don't need or ones that are sleeping.

Patience young Skywalker...
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    It depends on how much a hurry you are in. I use steaks on a regular basis for mines and quarries and such - so I just take my time and use the buffs as I normally would (plus maybe a few I never buff like homesteads) and voila - quest step done after a bit of time. If you need to hurry hurry hurry then it's your own choice if you buff buildings your don't need or ones that are sleeping.

Patience young Skywalker...
    for one like me i do the quests every day i must be hurry hurry hurry hurry big boy

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah, it`s too much.More reasonable would be 10 or 20 steaks...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Its a real pain, and messes up, our buffing schedule. I buff around 250 steaks every 3 days, and it messes everything up. I am forced to 1) either buff random buildings that i wouldn't normally buff (forresters, silos, wells etc) or 2) wait to complete 25 new iron/gold mines that are the only things that i buff myself without schedule. This usually takes more than 1 day, 1,5days more or less...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Deorum View Post
    Its a real pain, and messes up, our buffing schedule. I buff around 250 steaks every 3 days, and it messes everything up. I am forced to 1) either buff random buildings that i wouldn't normally buff (forresters, silos, wells etc) or 2) wait to complete 25 new iron/gold mines that are the only things that i buff myself without schedule. This usually takes more than 1 day, 1,5days more or less...
    You also have another choice. Don't do the quests.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread