Reply to Thread

Thread: guild chat disappearing regularly

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

guild chat disappearing regularly

Many of us on newfoundland are having the problem that when we switch zones chat resets, and guild chat disappears entirely, regardless of whether we go back to the home zone or not. Strangely, guild officer chat does come back; it's just guild chat. The only solution is to reload the game. This is now happening to most of us in our guild 2-3 times a day. It's very annoying. We thought it was just in our guild, but there's been discussion in the help tabs about it from members of other guilds.

I don't know if it's related, but sometimes when I log in there is no guild membership information next to the names of players in the general and trade tabs, either. Again, refreshing the game is required.

Both of these behaviors are somewhat new-ish; the missing guild tab is since the easter event, but the missing membership info has been going for some months now.
    Last edited by rathbone93; 11.05.18 at 02:54.

World
    Sandycove
    It's not just Newfoundland that is affected, several people in my guild (including myself) has experienced it as well. upon contact with support they said they were aware of the issue and has been working on a solution.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I have experienced an similar, intermittent problem. However, in my case, the trade tab is the channel lost, not guild chat. A refresh also works around the issue for me, but sometimes doing a reload immediately is not convenient and, on some occasions, I have seen the problem correct itself as a result of a second chat reset occurring before I get round to reloading the page.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    still no response from the mods or devs on this... was continuing to be a problem yesterday.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Same on Northisle. Regularly happens when hop to or from adventure maps and, more annoyingly, when island hop to do buffs for guild which also means the details what they wanted buffed vanishes with that chat.

Incidentally, some are also losing the trade tab for the same reason.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for the reports - we're looking into the cause and should have a fix in a future update.

Reply to Thread