Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 23/05/2018

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Not much point in using them when your general will loose when using them, and win if you use better trops?
    Ah, but in many cases you can win with either Sw or MSw where the resource cost of replacing the lost troops is fairly similar. The reduction in production time will swing the balance from MSw to Sw in aquite a number of cases, I think. Certainly that will be the case for me - I include production time as a factor when calculating troop costs. The reduced time to make Marksmen may actually mean I start to use them. I think I currently use them in about 4 camps across the entire AB range of adventures.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by kke2100 View Post
    How can 2x2 become 8?

Double consumption of ore in smelter; double cost of swords in barracks = quadrople consumption of ore.
    The Horses use platinum for the saddlecloths too.
    So twice as much platinum for both horses and swords with twice as much ore for that platinum too.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    The Horses use platinum for the saddlecloths too.
    So twice as much platinum for both horses and swords with twice as much ore for that platinum too.
    You make a mistake. Sword and Horse are counted together as a cost.

- Now: 1 MS = 1 Sword + 1 Horse = 4 + 1 = 5 Platinum = 10 Platinum Ores
    - Soon: 1 MS = 2 Swords + 2 Horses = 8 + 2 = 10 Platinum = 40 Platinum Ores

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm not fond of this heavy rebalancing, when you change x4 the cost for the mostly used elite units, it's obvious something is very wrong, this is not just some minor balance change. It might not affect much the higher level players, but it will definitely affect very much those that are just starting with elites. I'm actually going to have mostly coal problem after this patch goes live - one platinum smelter will need almost 4 equal level recyclers to feed it! And they are not even tradeable...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomandaris View Post
    I'm not fond of this heavy rebalancing, when you change x4 the cost for the mostly used elite units, it's obvious something is very wrong, this is not just some minor balance change. It might not affect much the higher level players, but it will definitely affect very much those that are just starting with elites. I'm actually going to have mostly coal problem after this patch goes live - one platinum smelter will need almost 4 equal level recyclers to feed it! And they are not even tradeable...
    Don't worry, they double only the amount of Platinum ores. Coals stay the same. Only people like me, who don't have much time to grind adventures, will lack Platinum ores.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Personally i think making one trooptype better cheaper or more expensive will just mean that the cheaper troop will replace the more expensive troop. All the elite troops are using plat ore, so basically we just look at the production-time-lost before we make an decission about which troop is the most effective one in the adventure.

The elite troops have the disadvantage that they all use the same resources to make, especially the melee ones. So basically you check how much time does it take to replace the troopunit. Now people are just going to switch to full Swords instead of MS. Are they going to switch the costs when they see that everyone is using swords only??

If the idea is to use more sorts of troops instead of only MS, they should have made it more attractive to use certain other troops!! Why not give, lets say Swords and Marksman an bonus in certain adventures? Imagine that Swords and marksman hate pirates and are fighting 10% more effective in pirate-based adventures? Just an idea??!

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Personally i think making one trooptype better cheaper or more expensive will just mean that the cheaper troop will replace the more expensive troop. All the elite troops are using plat ore, so basically we just look at the production-time-lost before we make an decission about which troop is the most effective one in the adventure.

The elite troops have the disadvantage that they all use the same resources to make, especially the melee ones. So basically you check how much time does it take to replace the troopunit. Now people are just going to switch to full Swords instead of MS. Are they going to switch the costs when they see that everyone is using swords only??
    No, the cheaper units cannot replace the better ones in all cases due the stats and that was not the idea of the changes either. However now instead of being completely unused they are a lot more viable due the faster training time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    If the idea is to use more sorts of troops instead of only MS, they should have made it more attractive to use certain other troops!! Why not give, lets say Swords and Marksman an bonus in certain adventures? Imagine that Swords and marksman hate pirates and are fighting 10% more effective in pirate-based adventures? Just an idea??!
    Current changes do not alter balance at all but rather impact production and training process. New unit properties would impact adventures essentially making them easier in almost all cases if enemies wont get any changes. Enemy changes then again would mean existing guides would become obsolete.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Someone made a calculation error when they introduced the platinum- we are swimming in the stuff at the moment - cant be a big surprise that it is regulated.

Not what I am moaning about. I am putting my premium on holt when it runs out, because of the change in pathfinder rewards and the introduction on more adventures that hurt my eyes - hate the white ones and hate "the lost city". Someone suggest that I put a filter over my screen or put on sun glasses. Well maybe I could - I doubt that will help - it will not increase the contrast and make it possible to see details. Maybe it is time for a new game.
    Dont get me wrong, it is nice that new stuff is introduced - but I dont want it forced on me. When star coins are removed and we are showered with crystals it is like BB thinks we will all need tons of them.
    Like with the pvp - some like it and some hate it . With the ventures some like to do them some might not and want to do something else I like to be able to play the game without sunglasses: I like to have something nice to look forward to and work for each week, to do the adv I like and leave the rest if I prefer.
    Last edited by Urd123; 17.05.18 at 20:31.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I read elsewhere that the login bonus has changed to crystal shards, nothing in Dev diary about that on this latest downgrade :-(

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    as previously stated it seems we are expected to work a lot harder for less reward. I cannot see this as an improvement to a game that is fast becoming boring. We do not want to endlessly grind out the same adventures just to get a minor benefit. As you can see from comments here the changes are not popular.

Maybe it would be useful to take a vote to see if these changes are what the people using the game want?
    Last edited by procell; 17.05.18 at 21:16.

Reply to Thread